Your Favorite Games

Talk about anything and everything here within reason.

Re: Your Favorite Games

Postby mud2005 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 pm

I find this incredibly interesting...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 144955.htm

here's a snippet
Gamers Succeed Where Scientists Fail: Molecular Structure of Retrovirus Enzyme Solved, Doors Open to New AIDS Drug Design

ScienceDaily (Sep. 18, 2011) — Gamers have solved the structure of a retrovirus enzyme whose configuration had stumped scientists for more than a decade. The gamers achieved their discovery by playing Foldit, an online game that allows players to collaborate and compete in predicting the structure of protein molecules.

anyone here play foldit?
Future's all yers ya lousy bicycle!
-Paul Newman
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
mud2005
10 kW
10 kW

Postby TylerDurden » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 am

Google 'Zerg Rush' Easter Egg Invades Your Search Results

News of the game quickly made the rounds this morning, with "Zerg Rush" topping the trending topics on Google+ and Twitter as users urged friends to try it out.
"Just Googled 'Zerg Rush' and spent the next 40 minutes clicking on O's...I think I need to get a life...still; it was good fun!" one user tweeted this morning.
"Type "Zerg Rush" into Google. If you've ever spent any time with an #RTS, you'll enjoy the results. #GG," another person wrote.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403653,00.asp
Have a Nice Day,

TD

FYI: Adding pictures?

Bored?... take a crack at the unanswered posts

Please post your Watts-at-speed in the survey.

TylerDurden
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Dee Jay » Sun May 06, 2012 5:32 am

wassup guys

3 year old on the iPod

7 year old on the Wii

and me on Falcon 4.0

spring, we normally go on long family bike rides for a bbq or picnic but the radiation threat is a great reason to stay our asses home lol!

wasted too much time on Falcon shooting everybody up but I did throw caution to the wind to go out raving during the hanami weekend. I found one fist pumpin party with beautiful electronica music. great music here is pretty rare.. fuggin hate that twangy psytrance shit that these people here OH-SO-LOVE LOL! got shit faced at the party and went on a drunken rage… HAHA! relieving so much post apocalyptic pressure is just what the doctor ordered.

I'm good for a while.. CHEERS! 8)
Dee Jay
100 kW
100 kW

Postby e-bike-is-fun » Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Chess.
On a board.
Human to human.
e-bike-is-fun
100 mW
100 mW

Postby Lessss » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 am

bump

Name it: The Platform, The Game, The Version, The Characters, and Why.
Last edited by Lessss on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
Give me nuclear batteries I say!! Ripped off by Joshua Goldberg to the tune of almost $900 re headway groupbuy for batteries, no $ no batteries
------------
http://www.openoffice.org/ or https://www.libreoffice.org/
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major
Lessss
100 MW
100 MW

Postby gestalt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

The platform was my iPhone due to it is always on me, but currently I'm playing on the pantech element tablet because the big screen nice when I'm at home.

The game is "Robot Unicorn Attack 2"

The version was just updated to 1.2. I can't wait to see what killer upgrades are to be had, but its hard to improve on what is all ready such an awesome....

Player, the unicorn!!!

That's a state of the art UV N-7 body equipped with tentacles of horror, void piercer horn an chronoscopic wings making it the fastest 'corn this side of the celestial sea.

The why is because its only got two controlls. Dash and jump. Plus I get to listen to the never ending story theme on repeat for hours on end collecting fairies and dashing giants before they get me with their solar beams. Its like I'm back I sixth grade and I just fell into a portal in Bobby Sue Nicholsons trapper keeper.
- be seeing you
gestalt
10 kW
10 kW

Postby Thud » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Best game.......love Craps

Thats my 6 foot table. Built one for me & one for my father who taught me the game starting about 4 years old.
After that there is poker, (favorite is Omaha hi/ low...whatever limit I can afford that day)

I have a (sons abandoned it when they moved out) ps2 with one game in it....Mx unleasshed :lol:
get some......

All information & advice provided by Thud are "Open Source" & free for personal use & distribution under the following agreement linked below.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
Thud
100 MW
100 MW

Postby corim123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 pm

gestalt wrote:The platform was my iPhone due to it is always on me, but currently I'm playing on the pantech element tablet because the big screen nice when I'm at home.

The game is "Robot Unicorn Attack 2"

The version was just updated to 1.2. I can't wait to see what killer upgrades are to be had, but its hard to improve on what is all ready such an awesome....

Player, the unicorn!!!

That's a state of the art UV N-7 body equipped with tentacles of horror, void piercer horn an chronoscopic wings making it the fastest 'corn this side of the celestial sea.

The why is because its only got two controlls. Dash and jump. Plus I get to listen to the never ending story theme on repeat for hours on end collecting fairies and dashing giants before they get me with their solar beams. Its like I'm back I sixth grade and I just fell into a portal in Bobby Sue Nicholsons trapper keeper.

Did a market research study on this game a couple weeks ago. Can't talk specifics per a NDA but I can say improvements are on the way and seem pretty interesting. Certainly addressed most of the small issues I had.
corim123
100 W
100 W

Postby mattrb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Carcassonne is a great game. I recommend playing it.
5000w Crystalyte 4060 Phasor and Prodeco Phantom X2
mattrb
100 W
100 W

Postby gestalt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Well so far the game runs much smoother I can tell you that.
Last edited by gestalt on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
- be seeing you
gestalt
10 kW
10 kW

Postby bowlofsalad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:54 pm

I've played a lot of games, what gets the favorites the most is what speaks to me perhaps on an emotional level the deepest. A lot of games have nostalgic value within. But games that I have ever enjoyed the most were multiplayer ones that brought people together within a great and balanced concept for a cooperative effort against other humans.

While I won't say what games were my favorites, their names are irrelevent, I can say I am hunting for a new game. There are a lot of really terribly balanced games, plenty of play to win or they simply lack essential features. What I'd enjoy most is a multiplayer game with excellent matchmaking, no pay to win, and little to no way for the game to be imbalanced.

A lot of multiplayer games cannot be balanced because in single matchups, there is so much variety in what each person may have, it often comes down to a game of rock paper scissors and that feels kind of pointless to try and compete against. What I am getting at is, games where everyone starts out with the same equipment, abilities, gear or whatever you want to call it and that is it for the match. That is balance, anything else is non-sense.

Some might argue that my vision of balance would grow stale. Absolutely, if there weren't different modes. Even a game like dota can be balanced if everyone had the same hero. Some people seem to want to play a game that is based around finding an advantage and exploiting it. I want to play a game based around skill. I had a machine gun, you had a shotgun so you won in the settings we confronted each other, it just seems like less than a game and more like a shallow attempt at strategy.

If you are a strategy gamer, play a real time strategy game.
bowlofsalad
100 kW
100 kW

Postby John in CR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 pm

It's hard to beat chess as far as games go.

When it comes to games that are essentially just a computer that gets you to push buttons wasting your life brain and time, the heavy price society will pay for the trillions of man hours wasted has yet to be determined. If you think about it playing video games isn't too many steps away from being plugged into the Matrix.
John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Postby mud2005 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time
Future's all yers ya lousy bicycle!
-Paul Newman
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
mud2005
10 kW
10 kW