How Much $ is Your Public Charge Station???

deVries

100 kW
In Austin it's either $25 per 6 months unlimited charging -or- $2 per hour per charge.

7.2KW Output @220v per hour (or considerably less output at 120v).

What does it cost in your city for public access charge stations? Your output is?

Austin will have 3-5 direct DC charge stations with 3 phase at 440v in 2014. Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus, and the Tesla can use these charge ports now.

Austin will soon have over 200 charge stations by 2014-15. Nearing 200 for 2013.

Tell us what your city has now and will have for 2014-15. What does it cost to charge using these public access charge stations?

Thanks. :D

In Central NC many of the newer charging stations are Chargepoint stations and they do NOT accept a NEMA-5 or NEMA-6 -- you must have a J1772 connector and the basic charge control logic that is associated with that connector.

Now there are designs on how to create your own adapter and at least two sources for adapters that I am aware of ( TusconEVand Modular EV Power) BUT these are $175 + S/H adapters - at least $140 of that is on parts alone! Now for Light Electric Vehicles (LEVs) such as the Organic Transit ELF and many other Big Fairing Equipped Recumbents (BFERs) with power assist, that is a pretty significant expense and weight to carry around in order to access a "free" public charging station!

Does anyone have a lighter weight design for a J1772 to NEMA 5 or NEMA 6 adapter given the under 10A@240V requirements for the BFER chargers?

in the UK.... they're all free :)

(so far... guess there could be the odd one which costs money... but it's not the normal)

knighty said:

(so far... guess there could be the odd one which costs money... but it's not the normal)
the ones in norwich are £10 a year , then on top of that you have to pay car parking charges,

link to the uk ones and where they are
http://www.nextgreencar.com/electric-cars/charging-points.php

Here in Quebec there is two rate.

One is 2.50$ per charge and the other is 1$ per hour. It worth for ANY charge stations here except for the free one.

Most of them are 30A 240V but few are as high as 70A or even 90A made by Suncountry

We have about 300 charge stations just in Quebec.

The Circuit electrique from Hydro Quebec is 2.50$
The ReseauVert from AddEnergy is 1$/h

The base price of electricity here is 7 cents per kWh and 99% come from hydro electricity. The rest is from the windmill.

Doc

justlooking said:
knighty said:

the ones in norwich are £10 a year , then on top of that you have to pay car parking charges,

In london £100 a year.

In my town I don't have a clue. There on the council park&ride sites, but not listed on the web as amenities offered. Nothing around them to give a clue. Just a card slot that don't take bank cards. I really must get the manufactures details and try that approach. On a brighter note, they have two outlets at 230v 32A. Typical commando style sockets. That is 14.72Kw and you know it will be 240v really. 15.36kw. We don't mess about with little supplies over here lol

Doctorbass said:
... The base price of electricity here is 7 cents per kWh and 99% come from hydro electricity. The rest is from the windmill.

Doc
i've heard electricity is cheaper over there, but i didn't know it was THAT cheap. that's about a third or a fourth of what we pay here.
0.18euro taxes and line included/kWh.

We are paying 4 times more too. I don't think there is any reason other than high taxation. It is something everyone needs, so the perfect earner

justlooking said:
knighty said:

friendly1uk said:
In london £100 a year.
In my town I don't have a clue. There on the council park&ride sites, but not listed on the web as amenities offered. Nothing around them to give a clue. Just a card slot that don't take bank cards. I really must get the manufactures details and try that approach. On a brighter note, they have two outlets at 230v 32A. Typical commando style sockets. That is 14.72Kw and you know it will be 240v really. 15.36kw. We don't mess about with little supplies over here lol

ahh, maybe all my local ones are free because I'm next to the Nissan factory building the leaf... they have had quite a bit of publicity locally, and given free cars to local universities etc.. :)

Back