Justin is on youtube

Justin has the most beautiful energy. Such enthusiasm.
Just watching this guy talk makes me smile and feel more positive.
Thank you for all you've done for us Justin, your a special man!
:mrgreen:

I really like the 'shop tours' electricbikereviews does. This one was particularly entertaining and informative.

Justin has been going very hard for a very long time, I hope he has time to relax, he's certainly been at the forefront of ebike technology, just hope he doesn't burn out in the longer term.

This is a fascinating video to get a much broader view of Grin Technologies and what Justin is thinking. It is of course, all open and free-flowing. It's great to watch a creative genius in his office/lab/factory and all the folks who work there. Kudos to Chase for posting this. I can't wait to get my hands on his new motor (which isn't out yet) and the new Phase Runner.

Awesome! Love the first bike they go over, that's an interesting way to solve the cadence problem. My setup still is uncomfortable beyond 22 MPH or so... but I can still pedal at that speed.

I also live and work in the same town as Bike Friday, their "factory" is about a quarter mile from my job.

PS- LET BUZZ BE GENERATED ON THE SPHERE.

This video while long was very informative and a great peek into Justin's life at Grin which I very much appreciated.

It is well worth the time and thanks to electricbikereview.com for doing it.

I have sometimes wondered why Justin shared his ideas so openly and in such detail. This video explained his reasoning very well.

Wish it was closer id love to go visit.

I just wanted to say it took me 2 days at work watching it while doing other things, and re-winding it when I missed something, but It was a great video.

Cool to see everything I read posts about and saw pics of.. I now get a better idea of everything.... And I am looking forward to that new Grin motor...

The enthusiasm and dedication grabs you throughout the hour long video. I found I learned stuff I thought I had a handle on and the material that was still under a fog was cleared convincingly. Well done!

:lol: A lightweight state of the art DD hubbie adaptable with through axle bicycle technology is a game changer. How many of us are going to ditch our traditional axle bikes and grab one with this trait? Not discussed but I believe is a big plus is one could fabricate an axle key unique to the motor hub as an extra theft deterrent :idea:

I enjoyed the youtube video too.
Some of the things I learned was about the front motor is not that bad, only really on loose surfaces do you have to watch out.
Another interesting note was his comment on voltage and Ah, how a motor is rated for watts not voltage so you can have 12V with thick guage wire and 100A for 1200W, or 72V 18A with regular household guarge wire. I also like his comment about 72V is tingly with water, and muscle cramped with blood.

Great video, good to see Grin pushing the forefront of ebike and eboard technology. I'm glad Justin has a thriving business and I wish him success in all his ventures.

Brilliant video. Almost two hours of foreign language is a good brain energizer. Justin speaks clearly, easy to understand. Man full of knowledge.
Front motor is definitely not bad at all for low-power applications. If your bike is rear heavy, you pretty much avoid spoke problems because front wheel is not stressed so much.
I have done 11 000km with my front DD, and wheel is still as good as new. As a velomobile rear wheel standard chinese spokes gave up almost immediately.
That motor wall was impressive.

Great quote from Justin, "I'm a total reality geek."

Indeed great video...

Many thanks

I really enjoyed that, thank you. :mrgreen:

-JD

Original:
I so wished I saw this video before I purchased my kit. I would have supported Justin and paid for the configurability and quality parts.

UPDATE - As the supporters of ES Site, Justin is responsible for the content and community which it cultivates. Like most of society today, this forum has become a specimen if why uneducated and the perverse. There is more off topic political content here then ES posts.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the many thousands of dollars of EBike gear with anything associated with this forum.

Great video.

What's the difference between Leonardo da Vinci and Justin?
Leo only worked on one project at a time, and Justin's stuff actually works!

My head would be spinning with all the stuff he has going on.
Much respect!

agilehumor said:
Original:
I so wished I saw this video before I purchased my kit. I would have supported Justin and paid for the configurability and quality parts.

UPDATE - As the supporters of ES Site, Justin is responsible for the content and community which it cultivates. Like most of society today, this forum has become a specimen if why uneducated and the perverse. There is more off topic political content here then ES posts.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the many thousands of dollars of EBike gear with anything associated with this forum.

You seem like the kind of person that makes their own drama in their life, but doesnt realize it. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.... we dont want assprints on our door. :lol:

seriously though, I disagree politically with 98% of the people here... but it doesnt matter because this site isnt about politics. Its a place where a bunch of people with EV knowledge can help each other with EV stuff. Thats it. Everything else is just drama because people are involved. Welcome to the real world, where everyone doesnt agree, most people dont know what you want them to know, and people will be wrong... all the time. No one cares about your opinion, and thats ok.

MrDude_1
"Warning:This post is being read via light, a substance known to the state of California to cause cancer."

Hahaha! EVERYTHING causes cancer in Ca! Otherwise they can't regulate and tax the F out of it.

Back