Where to get Anderson connectors?

ecat

10 W
Found a good source for anderson connectors in Canada, including things like the bulkhead connectors and retaining clips. Check out http://www.rosspar.com/

Best,

Ecat

This is news? Ypedal has been promoting these guys for ages. part of my regular shopping whenever i pass through Pickering on my way to Toronto. Rosspar to restock on connectors and just a block away to BusyBee tools to get endmills and carbide inserts. they are really convenient being only a couple of blocks off of highway 401.

they also have a pretty good rachetting crimper for 15 to 45 amp connectors. costs about $60.00CAD.

rick

Hi, newbie but long time lurker,thanks for all your info.
Connecting C Analyst, decided to use anderson connectors,found this guy,very helpful,may be of interest to those in oz.
www.andersonpower.com.au
Regards T

After seeing you post I thought that I'd give them a go. I am setting up a Bob Ibex trailer as a motorised range extender. I ordered the Anderson connector parts on Saturday, received an email saying the parts had been packed and dispatched by Australia Post on Sunday and I received them first thing this Tuesday morning.
You can't get much better than that! :D
Thank you for the suggestion lesspedal, with service like that, they need to praised and recommended.

I've found it worth while to check ahead with Queale as they have been out of stock on at least one occasion.

Greg

Hello,

Doing my first build and hoping for some advice please.

I got a controller from the Grin Cyclery (ebikes.ca) with the Anderson Power Pole connectors but the battery I ordered from ebay has some funky looking connector on it that obviously does not fit to the controller.

Does anyone know where in Vancouver to get the Anderson connectors? If so, do they require a crimping tool to assemble?

Alternatively, is it just easier for me to snip off both ends and get different connectors? Or even snip off the ends and just intertwine and tape together the wires (if I do this I will still be able to disconnect the battery as it connects through a casing where the cable can detach).

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can give me.

Cheers

My guess is that Justin will have some around at his shop (ebikes.ca). As you bought the controller from him I'd just give him a call and ask, he's got a good reputation as a very helpful chap.

Jeremy

not sure about VC i would try http://www.powerwerx.com dont twist tape the wires together? :evil: if you are really desperate go to a hardware store and get some connector block, I would go with Powerwerx they do all sizes and different colours

Yeah, get some powerpoles from Justin, or powerwerks. 30 amp kind. It takes a bit of skill to learn to crimp them right, so either solder them or get extras to practice on. I'm using a fairly cheap crimper from home depot. Has a bump on one side of the jaws. Put the bump on the seam and crimp, rotate 90 degrees and crimp again, this time using the flat part of the jaws. There is a thread with pics somewere.

Meanwhile, strictly for testing purposes, you can cut the connector off the battery, and stuff some exposed wire into the andersons for a short test run.

I always solder after carefully crimping my Anderson connector assemblies using a non-insulated terminal crimper. Solder should be always be used IMO.

Eujangles said:
Hello,

Doing my first build and hoping for some advice please.

I got a controller from the Grin Cyclery (ebikes.ca) with the Anderson Power Pole connectors but the battery I ordered from ebay has some funky looking connector on it that obviously does not fit to the controller.

Does anyone know where in Vancouver to get the Anderson connectors? If so, do they require a crimping tool to assemble?

Alternatively, is it just easier for me to snip off both ends and get different connectors? Or even snip off the ends and just intertwine and tape together the wires (if I do this I will still be able to disconnect the battery as it connects through a casing where the cable can detach).

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can give me.

Cheers

Your first source of Anderson connector should be from Grin Cyclery, where you get the controller from.

And here is other source from Vancouver area:
http://www.mainelectronics.com/andersonpowerpole.htm

And some of RC store will also carry anderson connector as well.

Ken

Or Call Phil at 905 837 0599. He is the Canadian Supplier

powerwerx sells a pretty good crimper which I have been using for 2 years now. No need to solder and very easy to crimp.

Making good crimps is a real science. If you are not using the manufacturer's specified tool you should probably solder them. What may look like a good crimp done with some random crimp tool can easily fail later on.

Crimping tools used for connectors in the electronics industry can cost several hundred dollars... each. I know of one assembly house that has close to a million dollars invested in crimpers. If they could get away with not using the manufacturer's (way overpriced) tools, they would. Their competitors tried that and that is why they now get all the business...

Thanks guys, much appreciated

I bought the crimper thats specially made for the powerpoles. I cant say enough good things about it!

Ditto Beavinator,

The Powerwerx Tricrimp makes Anderson connector crimping dead simple. You can wire up your whole bike in less time than it takes to solder one!

http://www.powerwerx.com/tools-meters/tricrimp-crimping-powerpole-contacts.html

Ambrose

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to source any Anderson PowerPole 45A connectors in the whole of Canberra Australia this morning. Pretty much rang every place that i would have thought might stock such items, but no luck. I have tried hobby store, bike store that claims to stock and fit e-bike kits, hardware, electronics supplier, auto parts supplier, and still have come up with nothing...

I actually only need three of them to be able to build my first e-bike. Talk about a missing link..

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had any ideas of other types of businesses that might regularly stock such items.. I can get them online, but that wont help me today, and it will be another week before i have the time to get some hours in the garage..

Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers,

Ed.

Back