Batteries mostly finished:

20150203_143200.jpg

20150203_143803.jpg

20150203_151525.jpg

20150203_161622.jpg

20150203_151542.jpg

20150203_161653.jpg

Nice Job Agniusm !! :wink:

To answer you, about the contactor, Zero was using a 200A contactor on the older 2010 and 2011 Zero with a AXE4855 ( a 500A controller!)

but the max current was set to 450A if I remember correctly. it was with the great agni 95R motors

Doc

Made pcb for all the connections. Throttle speed limit, precharge, dcdc, lights, fingerprint scanner, contactor controll, controller ignition. Saves a lot of wire web, now just need to test it:)
20150309_164227.jpg

Yeah, no hairball this time. Hope i got it right, not that much of electronics man from me:)

Have decided to go 10S and try with one box. Saves ~8kgs and makes it look better. My question and headache is will it be enough? Originally this bike was fitted with winston cells so i assube 1C discharge. Now i have 20ah more and cells are capable of 5C. So if i will up the amps and change rear sprocket to get the sames speed, will it work? Thoughts?

Need to make couple of new rear sprockets. How to identify the correctly? The chain is 415H. I went on the web and dug up some cad files for sprockets that are 1/2"x3/16", would they be correct?

All of them chains and sprockets are rare to me :D
Got the 54T cad too, printed and will match with existing to be sure. Thanks for the info.

Have ordered 2 sprockets. One 34T and one 28T.
I have a situation with throttle. I want to limit the speed and dont know ho i go about that. I have magura 5k two wire throttle.

Do you know if the zero throttle position is 5k ohms or zero (measured across the throttle)?

There should be a way to place a fixed resistor or trimmer pot in series or parallel to limit anywhere you want.

Its a 0-5k throttle not 5-0k so at rest its 0kohms. I tries to put resistor in series but then the wheel starts spinning at speed according to that resistor. I think i need to put resistor in parallel. Say if i put 5k resistor, limited max speed should be half. Would it?

Right. If you put 5k in parallel it will be 0 - 2.5k. You might try a 10k trimmer pot in parallel so you can adjust the limit.

Mutual thinking paid off. I have a working setup now and can share the results and joy:

[youtube]5pHVJUBVw6Q[/youtube]

Here is a diagram of things i have connected:

connection%2520box.jpg

The resistor or trim pot must be connected in parallel to the throttle for speed limiting and not in series. On Magura throttle it is black and brown wires. I will make little sketch and ad to technical reference area as i could not dig it up on the net.

Might need a screen over the motor inlet. Stuff from the front wheel might spray up in there.

Aluminum looks much better than cardboard.

Yeah, i was planning on welding in perforated aluminium sheet panels in front for large debris and then making a hole cap with some clothe type material.
Fechter, i have some issues with contactor. On the video it worked and now it does not the way it should and i cant find what i did wrong. Basically i have a fingerprint scanner with 2 relays. one is used for ignition and one for speed limiting. For speed, relay just connects that resistor in parallel and that's that.
The other controls the wire that goes to controllers ignition. I have also connected contactor coil to it so once correct fingerprint is detected, it engages relay and both contactor coil and controller ignition is activated.
The fingerprint scanner has a switch as well which activates 12V going into scanner to power it on.
The problem is, when i switch the scanner off, contactor stays engaged and i don't know why because scanner relay is disengaged up on switching of scanner power. Contactor disengages only when i switch off main switch. Main switch activates precharge and DC/DC converter. I don't know how contactor coil gets power to stay engaged.
I have diode across contactor coil as Alltrax suggest (only 1N4007 instead of 1N4004, but that should not matter). Also i have not changed the resistor from 470ohm to 250ohm which is required for 36V.

Made it @ work and left it there :( Monday then.

Have done second side panel for the bike. Now only front remains:
20150320_161037.jpg

Also today received couple of water jetted sprockets:

20150320_193334.jpg

I dont know why, but it has some cone to it. Perhaps they went too fast???

Back