BMSBATTERY PROBLEMS???

elad9000 said:
Tried the search function first but "bms battery" yields thousands of results for bms and battery but none for the vendor.

small thing but you should search for what you are looking for, they are BMSBattery not BMS Battery- no space in the Company name- it makes a difference, you searched for BMS and also battery where you are looking for a couple of the commonest words in posts.

alsmith said:
small thing but you should search for what you are looking for, they are BMSBattery not BMS Battery- no space in the Company name- it makes a difference, you searched for BMS and also battery where you are looking for a couple of the commonest words in posts.

Agreed. Also, try this: https://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=endless-sphere.com&q=bmsbattery

HI

I'm a french electric bentrider and i've just had a bad experience with BMS battery i want to communicate.

After ~1000 $ orders, i've just bought a 48V 10Ah lifepo battery.

I've measured the real capacity that is only 7,8 AH...

After lot of mails, BMS battery proposes to me a incredible reduction of 6% on a new one, what means that tey recognize the problem...

But Since 2 weeks no answer anymore. Perhaps they are dead (eartquake or tsunami ??). Solong they don't assume the responsability of their batteries, i recommand to find another provider in life. :pancake:

Have a nice electric time :D

bybye
denis

Attachments

• TEST the 14 March 2014 on a 48V electric bike.pdf
    309.9 KB · Views: 95
if there is any cells drop to certain voltage. the bms will cut off the power to prevent over drain. even if you have use lipo cells, i will not use until it goes to 3.5v, i will stop at 3.8v +. i think is quite impossible to have 10amps exactly from the cells. if i am you, i will use the most is 7amps (max), too deep discharge the cells isn't good for the battery.

If anyone is interested I'll answer some of my own questions..
The 15Ah 48V high rate battery is fine, it sags around 1,5-2V under 20A load.
The weight is 5570 gram without the mount, I opened the alu enclosure to find a perfect fit squeezed shrink rapped battery + bms (separate charge wires), the lock with braker just disconnect the discharge plug (don't turn off bms). I would have liked to measure cell voltages or even solder wires out of the enclosure but the nessesary cut of the shrink rap could have made putting it back together impossible as well as possibly destroying the good weather and shock proofing,, maybe next time..
The two charger work 99% (once I heard a little whiny sound of the cooling fan), the 1,5A is quiet and cool and the 3A spins up and get ~40 degrees on the outside. Resting voltage drop near 1v/Ah so its easy to track and keep the battery between 40-80% charge level as I do mostly.
About 200 trouble free Ah sofar, I recommend buying even it is on the heavy side and shipping prices are not what I would call competitive...

Buying 2 is what I did too. It turned out the right decision as one didn't work. After all of the fuss convincing them to send a replacement, going through them wanting me to pay for shipment I'm happy enough but wouldn't have been if I'd only ordered one- I'd have had no charger for well over a month.

I placed an order for a 1200w bulk charger from bmsbattery nearly two weeks ago, and it still has not shipped. It has been in "testing" status since I placed the order.

I sent them a email about this five days ago, sent a message through their site 3 days ago, sent another one today. I still haven't received any response from them at all, and I'm ready to do a chargeback on my credit card.

I paid a hundred dollars for shipping, I assumed that meant I would get the item really quickly. Instead they've pocketed my money and have shipped nothing.

So, has anyone else had a similar problem with them? Do orders "go missing"? Do they just refuse to answer questions about those orders?

And I guess, if anyone has any other suggestions for a 1000-1500w lithium bulk charger that can be set for 66v, let me know :(

what is a chargeback? i know camelback and brokeback but not chargeback. do you think that maybe it takes them a few weeks to get the charger from EMC and then they have to set the voltage to the set point you requested?

I can call the card company and have them reverse the transaction.

Anyway if they're drop shipping another company's product they shouldn't say it's in stock, that's BS. If that's the case the least they should do is set an expectation "item takes x weeks to ship", or email saying "sorry this product isn't in stock, please wait x weeks" etc.

Instead, it looks to me like I'm being ripped off. No contact for weeks. They've pocketed hundreds of dollars and they won't respond to questions.

that is all they do, ship other company's products. you specified a specific voltage so they have to order it set to that voltage.

BMS battery does not make any of the stuff they sell. they only sell stuff other people make.

When I ordered my first kit from them I kind of panicked when it started to take awhile, I didn't see that status page in my account area saying "building". Turns out they were building the battery and lacing the motor into the wheel and it took weeks.
A lot of people panic when doing a Bmsbattery order, most get what they wanted, some don't get what they ordered,I never heard of a Bmsbattery order where someone never got something.

Did you consider this charger? http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60169

If you paid good money on shipping (DHL,fedex etc) to BMS battery u will get it fast, once its actually ready.

So I finally got a reply from them. After all the questions I asked, the only response I got was:

Hi,

this week we will send your order .

That's not super helpful, and I'm not super impressed. When this week? Then how long will shipping take? And why the delay in the first place?

So, I'm still not sure I want these people to have my money. Can anyone recommend a charger like this:

http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/29-alloy-shell-1200w-lifepo4li-ionlead-acid-battery-ev-charger.html

Preferably under $250 shipped, from a company who responds to customer service inquiries in a timely manner?

i've come to the conclusion that if you need it quick order local
you can't expect prompt service from china-
i've ordered from a reputable vendor on here- took them 6 days to process the order - after i ordered on may 4th( i mean sure they're probably busy)- i also made a mistake of using chinapost airmail instead of dhl
to this day i dont have my parcel after 1 month
and good luck tracking chinese airmail takes them forever to update tracking- today it shows my order is still in customs- but who knows

you can't expect prompt service from China

I ordered two chargers and various small items from Paul at em3ev.com. I asked about the quality of the various shipping options and based on his recommendation I paid a small extra price to upgrade to DHL. Items arrived in a week, and everything was perfect. I also had wanted to buy a battery pack from him (25R cells from Samsung), and he could have easily taken my money for that and then later said that there was an unavoidable delay. Instead, he said he didn't have the cells in stock yet, and would contact me as soon as they were available.

He is definitely in China.

maybe i should re-phrase this
it's a hit or miss- i've had stuff from china in a week to 2-3weeks via airmail- it's also dependent on the vendor- this particular order F'd up by the carrier- but i'll be patient because after all when you're dealing with china things can take time- things dont always go smooth
using "small extra price to upgrade to DHL" is the key- other than that i can't complain about the vendor- at least the communcation was good, they could speak english and did not ignore me

BMS battery is good at most things, except batteries.... LOL

Order small non-custom parts, and they deliver pretty fast. Customer service on the other hand.... No, actually, that word is misplaced on anything regarding that company... Once waited almost 3 mounths for them to ship. By my experience the best thing to do with these low-service exporters is to find their telephone number, and put it on speed-dial. Call them twice a day until they cant stand you calling, and ship your shit....

I have to say the same good things about Paul at em3ev

I helped a mate ( who died last month) build a bike super quick about 2 years ago..the docs gave him 18 months max to live..brain tumour...so driving was out and he wanted an e-bike quickly. Paul was just super quick with postage via DHL from China.

BMS battery are cheap, but shipping is very expensive and e-mail responses are hit and miss...but I think most of us here know that by now and live with it if we have the time and want cheap products.

Ordering anything from China from Chinese guys them selves is always like that. If you order from Paul ( a Westerner) you get the service he knows you expect.

I can order spokes from NewsonSportec..usable spokes, 10,000 miles on my first set from them..but delivery can take a long time...but at a third of the price of UK sourced spokes...if I want UK sourced spokes,,,60pence each, Sapim strong stainless spokes..but I get them Graham at Tiller cycles and they arrive the next day if ordered before 11 am.

inedible said:
So, I'm still not sure I want these people to have my money. Can anyone recommend a charger like this:

http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/29-alloy-shell-1200w-lifepo4li-ionlead-acid-battery-ev-charger.html

Preferably under $250 shipped, from a company who responds to customer service inquiries in a timely manner?

Hi, i have purchased the KPC 1200W charger fom evassemble because it looked far better quality at the picture there (http://www.evassemble.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=9). In the end i got the same like the one shown on the BMS battery site.
Can i recommend this charger?
No! Turst me, you do not want these people to have your money. The quality is horrible! If you are not careful you will cut your fingers at the sharp cooling fins. The top lid is stucked into the case with some kind of silicon glue (no screws) and it is everywhere messud up with this glue. It looks ugly and because of the rough surface i was not able to clean it up.
It was very hard work to pull the lid out of the case to get a look to the inside. It was even more horrible! Instead of the fuse there was only a wire bridge filled up with glue. This is some kind of dangerous.
The soldering is as ugly as the rest of the charger. The board is not hold with screw into place - also only secured with glue. Its really catastrophic. The sideplate with the fan and the AC inlet was very dusty so i think it comes from a used charger. Also the vertical board with the poti does look used (like it was put out of a blown charger).

All types of these chargers do not have any power factor correction. This means they will not draw a sinewave current (like the voltage is) but instead very high current peaks. Because of this it may can be the charger disturbes other electrical gadgets.

With shipping costs and customs duty i have payed about 300€ for this ugly charger with cheap and old style electornics.
I wish i had bought instead of this two meanwell HLG LED supplies and put them in series. With some little simple modification they work well for this purpose.

BMS battery uses scam-esque customer treatment, but unlike a scammer, a box does tend to eventually arrive.

forgot to mention:

after i have sent them the money, i had to wait about 2 month before i got a shipping notification with tracking number (the charger was listed to be in stock). Many mails without response and if i got an answer, they wrote it will be shipped tomorrow which was a lie..
the carton also was catastrophic: no real box, only some foam parts and all thrown in there.

better buy some other charger or use a power supplie with some modification.
i know its hard to find some good, durable and affordable higher voltage charger, but do not allow you to be tempted by the price and wattage of these bms battery or similar chargers. give them a wide berth.

Back