M3E Tilting Trike road registered

...Well, after two weeks off the road - I rode in this morning.

The spare cells I had laying around that I replaced for the dead ones (previously abused), gave out - and again I've cooked up a Lithium stew. I did make it to work though. Stinky stuff. Going to buy 10 new cells (CALB rather than Thundersky) - which would mean I've replaced an entire pack since starting. Expensive, but I can't help but smile... such are the trials of homemade creations.

...just wanna ride.

Off the road temporarily, but still making progress.

I entered the Australian Innovation Challenge - Backyard category. Photo in the national Australian Newspaper is of my entry. Winners to be announced, from small group of finalists, on Dec 11, with the winner taking home $10,000.

Please let it be me.

Australian Innovation Challenge_s.jpg

check out the story so far > http://www.facebook.com/m3e.delivery.etrike

The awards ceremony for the Innovation Challenge was held in Sydney through the week.

I was a finalist in the 'Backyard Innovation' category. I was beaten by an Automotive Engineering Proffesor who has tweaked the Internal Combustion Engine, to improve efficiency by 7%.... making the internal combustion engine around 25% efficient. Of course, way better than an EV with an efficiency of 85% - untweaked. Not than I'm bitter or anything 8) . SHELL was the main sponsor of the program.

Needless to say, it was a good night, and a chance to network with the top boffs from around the country.

my story is here - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/innovationchallenge/simons-tilt-at-an-electric-trike/story-fng1o493-1226532180773

2012 australian-shell-innovation-challenge.jpg
I'm the tall one in the back row with the big hair.

Trikes going really well at the moment. Great early morning ride to work... so much fun.

I'd like to see this get to the market, as it's such a practical bike. I'm certain there is a global need for this sort of bike, and not just for delivery services like the post. The practicality of the narrow wheel base, yet it's inherent stability, with no fear of it falling over, plus the load carrying ability, would seem to make it ideal for many people as a general runabout, down to the shops and back or whatever.

If it were available here at a reasonable price then I'd be sorely tempted to get one. There are plenty of times when I have to get out the car because I need to go just a bit further, carrying a bit more stuff, than I feel comfortable with on an ordinary ebike.

I'm building some bikes for sale at the moment, and re-designing the trike with the hope of doing another prototype - lighter, more powerful, with way better electronics and batteries.

Stay tuned for the new projects bikes for sale : model name - the Grand Tracker Deluxe..... with a lot of good shizzle, including Cro-motors, Adapto and seriously fast on-board charging.

Back