my new off road bike!

Blanthegenius said:
chill4x4saph said:
and one more.

Nice bike, great job.
I've been looking at the stealth bomber bike but silly daft prices to buy one.

How much juice do you get from the li poly batteries?

I found your ebay listing today, I'll share it on my fbook page and I'll keep an eye on it see what it goes for.
Good luck.

thank you very much!,

when you say juice, what exactly do you mean?, if you mean amps, well the batteries I use are 30c rated, so that means they will discharge at 30 x their capacity, and the capacity of the 8 I use connected as a pack is 32ah, so that means they can handle up to 960amp. however the controller only draws 400amp max so the batteries don't get to much punishment.

but if you mean what kind of miles I get well that comes down to the watt hours of the batteries as a pack, which is 22.2v x 64ah (8 x 8ah batts) = 1420 watt hours, now using the bike at a decent but pace say around 30mph average the bike does around 40 watt hours per mile so that means, 1420 divide by 40 = 35.5 miles, but that's at a real 30mph average which is better than most journeys in a car (unless youre on the motorway!!!)

does that make sense??... (no doubt someone will come and correct my electrical maths!! lol!!, im better at the fabrication than the electrical stuff!!!!)

Blanthegenius said:
Cheers that'll do.

I'm currently having a crack at building the Commuter Booster on this forum.

ah!,
(just had a look at it), excellent!!, I once built a similar thing but using a 35cc Honda four stroke petrol engine, it worked well but I needed to fettle a few little issues with its throttle, and fuel tank orientation, I stored it in my parents shed for a couple of months whist I was side tracked with some other project, and when I went to collect I discovered it had been stolen!!!!!, which really pissed me off!!, as it would!!, anyway I like the idea of those motors rubbing on the rear tyre then you can flick them out of the way and have a normal bike.

Back