Multistar High Capacity 6S 16000mAh

teslanv said:
Pricing not bad, either. That's only $0.366 per watt-hour !!!
free shipping?
of course not :roll: only a newbie that never ordered anything, would be unaware how significant shipping costs can change the value. especially when RETURN costs are added in, to ship back defective cells.

Russell said:
Now available at the USA-EAST warehouse :D

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__66487__Multistar_High_Capacity_6S_16000mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_AR_Warehouse_.html

-R
Well who ever is first , be sure to give us your findings :D

Just to clarify the cells. One 16000 pack I got had a lump in the middle of each side. It looks like the pack is two premade 8ah packs glued together.

They didnt line this one up and now I cant stand them up how I wanted. Until the replacement arrives :) They said it looks puffed lol but glad to be getting sorted out.
4a1cb83e-b137-4327-9f7d-232d0055c0a7_zps81986f78.jpg

Loving the size. 4kg on the bike and 4kg in the bag (ready to swap out on long rides) and I have 36ah at 44v!

HK write 6S2P on the site for this 16ah lipo so 2x 8ah cells build in 6S is normal i suppose.

I hope in future, they sell 12S lipo on 16ah... The dream.

Is their a connector or plug or something to put 3 of these in series?? The only thing o can find is a 2 pack series connector.. The XT90 conectors are throwing me off a bit.... Please if anyone knows a way to connect these in with 3 in series without having to solder new leads let me know...

babyhughie said:
Come on guys anyone know if theres a way to series connect 3 of these?? These damn XT90 connectors seem they could be a problem

I guess your taking about
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25661__XT90_Battery_Harness_10AWG_for_2_Packs_in_Series_.html

Just use two harnesses, series two batteries, then series them to the third battery using the second harness but hobby king QC and crappy crimped connections are shit, I wouldn't trust them, with constant vibrations they break, solder your own

Ordered a pair for my BBS02.
Should be here by Thursday :D

I've ordered a couple too.

To be used for my Mac 10T running at 30A, so just under 2C.

Kudos

DAND214 said:
Any codes for a discont? Normally if you buy something from HK they give you a code to pass on so you get credit and we get a discount.

Dan
Enter buddy code 84AA8F74-B05E-4053-8515-3BAAF33CFA89 to get $8.68 discount off your order.
Valid for 14 days from today.

I got some of these for adding extra cells in a non messy way. Not sure how good they are as they havnt arrived yet. I soldered my own harness with a silverline gas iron on full and flowed well.
AMASS%20XT90%20Paralell2.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281405097208?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just to let you know nearly every pack will come with a dent in the soft side. The xt90 conector is tucked under the soft side of the cell for transport. Every pack I ordered has a dent and Iv only just worked out it wasnt me who did it, it was the postman lol. I would watch out for this as one of my packs has what feels like gas along the edges of the cells (feels like bubbles under cellophane when you push them up and down?).

20140923_143747_zps7e0e2394.jpg

20140923_143634_zps3cd714da.jpg

KINNINVIEKID said:
DAND214 said:
Any codes for a discont? Normally if you buy something from HK they give you a code to pass on so you get credit and we get a discount.

Dan
Enter buddy code 84AA8F74-B05E-4053-8515-3BAAF33CFA89 to get $8.68 discount off your order.
Valid for 14 days from today.
Nice!

Thats $8.68 off EACH battery ordered!

Mine arrived today...

IMAGE015.JPG

Unfortunately they are packed loose in some flimsy boxes then tossed into another flimsy cardboard box with a few air bags. The result is they rattle around and get damaged.

IMAGE011.JPG

Fortunately the voltages look ok.

IMAGE021.JPG

-R

Made up a harness so I could use a 12S BMS to balance the pack (I won't be using other functions for now);

IMAGE022.JPG

Was just able to stuff the pack into a RadioShack 8"x6" project box but I'll need some standoffs to mount the top cover. The battery has 2 fused outputs and a set of wires with a built-in pre-charge resistor.;

IMAGE039.JPG

Charging it up now.

-R

Did a quick check of the voltage sag at about 20A.

1) (50.33-49.43V)/20.5A = 0.044 Ohms

2) (50.32-49.34V)/21.0A = 0.047 Ohms

Not bad and slightly better than my 36V/15Ah "high C-rate" (10C) Li-ion battery pack from BMSBattery (iirc 0.05 Ohms when new).

-R

Russell said:
Made up a harness so I could use a 12S BMS to balance the pack (I won't be using other functions for now);

What BMS are you using Russell?

Cheers,
Kudos

My batteries arrived at 4pm today.
Not bad seeing as I ordered them at 7.33 last night and they have come from the other end of the country!
They are in perfect shape apart from the corner of one label is not stuck down right.
Luckily the connections were down the side rather than underneath these.
I will get them connected up this evening and see what the cells are like for balance.

Back