36v20AH Lifepo4 for $312 !!! total

morph999

100 kW
Absolutely no reason not to buy lithium now. Elitepowersolutions has free shipping and they reduced their prices on their batteries. You can get a 12v20AH for $104 . So a 36v20AH is now $312 total because they have free shipping. Crazy !!! I'm going to put in an order for another 12v20AH cell here in a week or so.

i really like the terminal covers the GBS batteries there have. :) very cool :)

I'm a little confused. Free shipping from china or from a US distributor? The website says they are in china, and free domestic shipping. Do they say free international shipping somewhere?

Not knocking your post, I just want to understand exactly where you go to order some of this great deal.

I think she sends them out of California so I hope it is to USA customers. From my experience, the shipping was $25 when I shipped my 36v pack so it's still reasonable even if you are charged for it. I'm seriously ordering another 12v pack in a couple days.

What are the charging and discharging procedures for these? Do you just go BMS-less with these?

These are Thundersky cells. I charge mine with a 12v black and decker and then right before they get full, I take the charger off and then use a small 3.2v lifepo4 charger to top them off. Works fine for me. $13 for the 3.2v lifepo4 charger from all-battery.com and about $50 for the black and decker (I got the 2/10/15 amp model but there are cheaper models). Then you could get two of those 8 celllog monitors from hobbyking for $29 to be your LVC if you really wanted one. You'll need a $13 8s wire plug for it, though I think but you can get that on ebay. That's about it. Or you could choose to buy the charger that they provide which I think is about $80 but I chose to use my black and decker. The black and decker won't overcharge the batteries from my experience so it's not a worry if you accidentally leave it on.

Or you could get a BMS from GGoodrum, a user on this forum to use with the thunderskys. If you choose to manually charge them or use a BMS, I think the prices are about the same. You'll still need a charger, though.

snowranger said:
What are the charging and discharging procedures for these? Do you just go BMS-less with these?

Yes, $312 without a BMS but I hear that they offer a BMS now if you want but it's $100 more. My point was that these are nearly the same price as SLA so even if you wanted to not use a BMS, I don't see anything wrong with it. They'll still last 2 or 3x longer than SLA even without a BMS.

http://elitepowersolutions.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=16&products_id=74

12.8v nominal voltage....get 3 of these for 36v or 4 to make a 48v pack...use a 12v charger...preferably a black and decker smart charger so you will be sure not to overcharge them . The new black and decker chargers have a sensor on them that tests whether or not the battery has had enough juice and it cuts back and tapers the current accordingly. I've never seen a cell go above 3.76v so far when using my B&D charger. On the first charge, though you might want to buy one or two of the 3.2v lifepo4 chargers and charge all the cells with that and then use the black and decker afterward and that way you can be sure it will never come close to overcharging because it will top balance all of them.

Thunder-sky%20LFP20AHA%20-%204%20cell%20pack-web.JPG

And what I did was cut off the corners on the top lid so I could remove the lid without unscrewing the wires each time. That way, I can check individual cell voltages and charge individually when I need too. It's pretty convenient.

THANKS: I found it, I might get 6 set that way you cam make any voltage you happen to need. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FIND.

If you buy 12 cells, you could just buy 12 of the 3.2v lifepo4 chargers and charge them all that way. It's up to you. I'm just giving ideas. If you bought 12 of the individual chargers, you'd always be properly balanced. It'd be about $13 x 12 = $156. Or you could buy 6 of them and then charge half of the cells each time. I like the B&D charger though because it has a 10 amp setting so I can charge quickly if I want to.

TS cells are $1.10/Ah from EVcomponents.

These are more expensive.

liveforphysics said:
TS cells are $1.10/Ah from EVcomponents.

These are more expensive.

No, they aren't. The TS-LP20AH are $120 at evcomponents. They are $104 at elitepowersolutions. Then if shipping is free at elitepowersolutions, it's definitely the better buy.

Anyway, if anyone wants to see what it looks like with the lid off, underneath the plastic lid is 4 Thundersky cells...(thanks to user, Dumbass, for the picture)

8topviewnewpack600x450.jpg

you are asking 104$ for 4x 20Ah cells...thats 26$ per cell...right?

EVC wants 22$ per cell...plus shipping

No, EVC is $30 per cell plus shipping. Look, if EVC can beat $312 shipped to your house, by all means, take the offer. I'm just making this thread to tell people that elitepowersolutions has a sale on their 20AH cells with free shipping.

EVC is $30 per 20AH cell plus shipping . $120 x 3 = $360 +shipping compared to $312 total + free shipping.

Here is EVC's TS-20AHA....is it my fault elitepowersolutions is cheaper? That's capitalism.

http://www.evcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TS%2DLP20AHA
TS-LP20AHA-2.jpg

I'm just talking about the 20AH cells which is what most people on here are looking for anyway. Elitepowersolutions 12v20AH packs are $104 with free shipping. EVC's are $120+ shipping.

RoughRider said:
you are asking 104$ for 4x 20Ah cells...thats 26$ per cell...right?

EVC wants 22$ per cell...plus shipping

where are you getting $22 per cell? Listen, if EVC will send you a 12v20AH pack for $88 (4x $22) then take it.

No kidding. Even the current deal of 104 is a good price. With shipping, the best sla's are not much cheaper since they have to ship a hunk a lead.

Cool aobut the shipping from calif. When I looked at the site I saw stuff about the factory in china, and an ad saying free domestic shipping but nothing that really told me which country the domestic shipping originated from. So I got confused and thought they meant free shipping within china.

That's a pretty good price for cells located in the US. Too bad my budget is blown for now.

High tech bikes posted on another thread that he will sell the 36v or 48v bms at a reasonable price. Same thing on the ping v2.5 That gives you 36v 20 ah and bms for less than $400. Sweet.

THANKS MORPH999: I am glad you found this site after looking around I wound up ordering (6) sets of the 40amphr. TS battries with the new (BALANCERS that can take the place of a BMS with carefull watching, these are for my meridian trikes. And it is free shipping.

morph999 said:
http://www.evcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TS%2DLP20AHA
TS-LP20AHA-2.jpg
I do wish someone had a pic of what was inside the EVC 12v 20Ah block the spec sheet doesn't give any info on that. Does it just open up like the eps one and the cells pop out and have easy to access cells for manual or automated balancing or are they molded in there more like a lead acid battery would be. :|
I know the other pack is cheaper right now which is good for now but unfortunately i'm probably buying later :(

While the 12v pack from ElitePowerSolutions is cheaper , buying 4 individual cells is cheaper from evcomponents for 40AH and up. Of course this is disreguarding shipping.

Personally with these price drops I'm still torn between getting the headway or the TS cells from evcomponents for my 72v pack. I believe the headways are better and I could build a low AH pack and add on more later, but in the end I'll want a larger pack and the TS cells seem to stack easier.

If my wife wasn't going to hang me for ordering before I even had my bike together or motor kit I'd probably go for this.. Actually you know I have a BD mower with 2 12v batteries that are dying (I think I have the 24 v one) I'll have to check maybe I can put these TS batteries in there and lighten it up and bit :D
The on paper research looks promising.
Offical Replacement 24volt battery (2 taped together 12v) is $129 +$25 shipping 26.2lbs 7"x6"x7" 17ah at 20+ hour rate
2x TS-LFP20AHA $208 13.2 lbs 7" X6"(3"x2) X 6.5" 20ah
I already use an external charger for each battery. Surge and continuous ah are well within the ratings. Since i'm only looking at an e-bike for mild assist on hills a 24 volt battery and a gear motor might just work at least to start out and then i'll have a dual use pack. Course I'll have to add a reliable meter to watch the cells or batts for LVC which I could then use on my bike too.
Could my wife go for it. Score?!

HEY EVBLAZER: Thay are made up of (4cells that are 3.2 VOLT IN SERIES) not one big chunk, MORPH999 shows a picture of this TS 12VOLT20AMPHR on the first page of his post. hope that helps you.

HEY FELLOWS: The more you look around the better this deal gets for this 12volt 20amphr, I was looking at a 12volt 20amphr lead acid batery over at (ELECTRICRIDER.COM) and thay want 81.00 dollars plus shipping for a good quality lead battery.

BLUESTREAK said:
HEY EVBLAZER: Thay are made up of (4cells that are 3.2 VOLT IN SERIES) not one big chunk, MORPH999 shows a picture of this TS 12VOLT20AMPHR on the first page of his post. hope that helps you.
Ok I thought those innards were from
Thunder-sky%20LFP20AHA%20-%204%20cell%20pack-web.JPG

and was wondering if they were the same as
TS-LP20AHA-2.jpg

makes sense that they would be but sometime you get a suprise when you open up a package and you can't take it back.

Doesn't matter though now since I think I'll be buying to $104 ones for my shared mower/e-bike pack then I can stop constantly thinking about what battery to get.

Here's what the pack looks like with the top being removed from the plastic case

7OPENINGPACK600x450.jpg

4 cells removed from the plastic case..
8TOPVIEWNEWPACK600x450.jpg

My setup using 8 cells (24v 20ah)

PA210028.jpg

PA020019.jpg

Back