Hobby city connector question.

maydaverave

10 kW
I am ready to buy either two turnigy or zippy 6s 5ah battery packs. I would like to buy a premade parrellel and series harness. I want to run them at 22v on my izip scooter and 44v on my ebike. The packs say they have 4mm bullet connectors and they sell ec3 harnesses and xt60 harnesses. Which if either of these will work with the packs? I called the support number and got absolutely no help but did talk to some cute sounding asian girls :D

Neither will work... you want 4mm HXT connectors to make an adapter, but ... at the moment they are sold out of the ones with contact shrouds and for a newbie to use bare terminals sounds scary... Maybe look at the 30C stuff with 5.5mm they have those with blue protective plastics I think :)

-Mike

This is how I dealt with the problem. Once converted to 45 amp andersons I can easily make all the harness I may need. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19058

I found it possible to crimp 45 amp andersons directly to the leads of some 20c turnigy I just bought, with 10 guage wire. But the 8 guage 30c was pretty fat.

The other alternative would be to get bullets of the right size for what you buy, and make adapters with them to convert to whatever connector you prefer.

Back