Hyperion 28s 1100W RC charger coming soon

Doctorbass

100 GW
Found that when i searched for the new 12s charger over the internet...

EOS 1420i-NET3

14s + 14s ( sync)

Hyperion EOS 1420i-NET3

Hyperion EOS 1420i-NET3 :
* 1x 14S, 20A, 550W DC
* networkable to 1100W with SYNC MODE up to 28S!

Features :
Charger Output Ports : 1,
Max Watts Output per port w/DC Input : 550W,
DC Input required for max watts output : >24V,
Max Current Output per port : 20A,
Discharge Limit per port : 80W,
Discharge Current Limit per port : 10A,
DC Input Voltage Range : 10,5V~29.0V,
AC>DC PS for Max Watts Output : 24V,>700W,
Max Lipo/LiFe/LiIo per port : 14S,
Max Lipo/LiFe/LiIo via SYNC MODE : 28S,
Max NiCd/NiMH Cells per port : 16,
Max PB (lead-acid) Cells per port : 12.

a3270966-179-Hyperion%20Charger%20Specs%20(v4.6).jpg

Doc

WOW awesome charger, I don't know if Hyperion good charger and I take it gonna cost expensive charger.

Hi,

I don't think they will charge a 28s pack. I think they will charge two 14s packs at the same time.

MitchJi said:
Hi,

I don't think they will charge a 28s pack. I think they will charge two 14s packs at the same time.

I would think that they can.

It also appears the "net3" type can run directly from AC out of the wall outlet. This saves quite a bit of hassle with meanwells or other DC sources to charge from.

I hope it's cheap, I like it. :)

Hi Luke,

MitchJi said:

liveforphysics said:

It also appears the "net3" type can run directly from AC out of the wall outlet. This saves quite a bit of hassle with meanwells or other DC sources to charge from.

It states "...after charging the split packs are series wired...".

Running directly from AC would be a very nice feature!

I don't think Hyperion's are cheap!

MitchJi said:
Hi Luke,

MitchJi said:

liveforphysics said:

It states "...after charging the split packs are series wired...".

Running directly from AC would be a very nice feature!

I don't think Hyperion's are cheap!

Ahh, I see now. :) Thank you Mitch. :) I think you're right. You could always run 1 charger from a DC/DC and run one from AC (so they are isolated from each other), and plug in a 28s pack that way, but it would be kinda hokey-pokey.

This is kinda old news, but good news!

The charger will do 28S at once using sync mode but the packs have to be split into 14s. This takes TWO chargers and the network adapter. Also note the 24v power source requirements for max output. The hyperion AC chargers don't really supply the required amps for big batts. (check the output power-SUCKY) and would not make good bike chargers vs. the bigger chargers.

I have been waiting on this charger for months, but Hyperion has experienced some "delays". I have a hyperion DUO 3 now and it's great for charging/balancing up to 12s. Hyperion is known fairly well in the R/C world as a supplier of top-notch gear (chargers, servos, motors, batteries). I easily have $1000 worth of their stuff in my garage and it's all nice. I order direct from the Japanese distributor http://www.aircraft-world.com They ship faster than most US suppliers and provide great service.

this is the rcgroups mega thread, but you can skip to the end. :D http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960657

Waiting for this charger that is keeping me from building one of the ghetto power supply chargers......I wonder if that's good or bad.

and it won't be cheap, but this is the good stuff from folks that actually care what happens after they sell you something. yeah japan!

skyliner said:
The Hyperion EOS 1420i-NET3 is now available from Empire Hobby of Arizona.

Yep, these are in stock. It turns out I'm still a Hyperion dealer, so I picked up a couple of these to test. I also got some of the new, more efficient, 4045-12T Hyperion motors to play with, I'm thinking they will make fairly decent friction drive motors.

I also ordered a couple of the Hyperion Atlas 130A controllers to play with as well. When checking the specs on these, I noticed they are also coming out with 150A and 200A versions good to 16s/68V. This would be great news for the non-hub crowd, if they don't have horrible sync problems. It has been my experience that Hyperion products, in general, are very high quality, especially their motors, so I'm hopeful the controllers will work in our ebike applications.

The "sync" charging allows two 14s strings to be balanced to the exact same point, but frankly, I'm not sure how important that is, as you set this anyway and these now have 12-bit balancing. I think to balance charge a 24s setup, I'd just drive two of these from their own pair of MW S-350-24 supplies, wired in parallel, and keep the two 12s packs wired in series. Even if the chargers don't have isolated inputs and outputs, the MW do.

-- Gary

GGoodrum said:
It turns out I'm still a Hyperion dealer, so I picked up a couple of these to test. ... When checking the specs on these, I noticed they are also coming out with 150A and 200A versions good to 16s/68V. This would be great news for the non-hub crowd, if they don't have horrible sync problems.
Might you do a deal for ES members on these new ESC's? :razz:

:cool:

deVries said:
GGoodrum said:
It turns out I'm still a Hyperion dealer, so I picked up a couple of these to test. ... When checking the specs on these, I noticed they are also coming out with 150A and 200A versions good to 16s/68V. This would be great news for the non-hub crowd, if they don't have horrible sync problems.
Might you do a deal for ES members on these new ESC's? :razz:

:cool:

Yes, definitely. :)

Back