Combine volt amp and Ah meter for USD $15

NeilP

1 GW
Just come across these.
Volts, amps and AH displayed in single meter..maybe useful addition for Meanwell or anyother charger ...if they work and are reasonably accurate

DC-DC 20A Dual-display Digital LCD Power Current Voltage AMP Meter VA Voltmeter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180830130528#ht_3217wt_1228

dual-display-voltage-voltmeter.jpg

for $15 got to be worth a try

Yes, so any current..must be some calibration some where..maybe DIP switches? maybe software?

It says "flexible online calibration", so it sounds like software. May be just enter the RShunt value.
But it could also just mean voltage calibration, and the external shunt has to be of a fixed RShunt value. Have you guys asked for a user's manual or instruction guide? Hopefully everything is specified in there.

Yes, I e mailed the seller an hour or so ago, so we will see what happens
Will ypedal get his before I get my reply

I bought 5 of the 4.5v to 30v 0amps to 6amps version for my little lab power supply bench. They all work as claimed, I tested the current with extremely high precision instruments, and it was inside +-1% when cool, but after a minute or two of passing 5amps, it heated up and started to drift to reading higher current than actual, but still it only drifted a few percent, which made it plenty good for just a little lab supply read-out.

ian.mich said:
its only 80v max so its not that great, but definitely useful

Only 20 amp too, but I recon that if you are running a bike and a pack with bigger voltages and higher charge rates than 80 volt and 20 amps, you are in to a big money setup anyway, so spending and extra few dollars on a Cycle Analyst is not such a big %age as a low power setup where these specs are going to be within the pack and charger requirements

NeilP said:
ian.mich said:

Only 20 amp too, but I recon that if you are running a bike and a pack with bigger voltages and higher charge rates than 80 volt and 20 amps, you are in to a big money setup anyway, so spending and extra few dollars on a Cycle Analyst is not such a big %age as a low power setup where these specs are going to be within the pack and charger requirements

yeah, but DIY is what this forum is all about lol. Not dissing the CA but its not as cool as finding something yourself and saving some cash too

That does look interesting. It may be possible to hack the circuit for higher voltages/currents. Great for a Meanwell.

ian.mich said:
NeilP said:
ian.mich said:

yeah, but DIY is what this forum is all about lol. Not dissing the CA but its not as cool as finding something yourself and saving some cash too

Oh yea, I am not knocking them or the DIY thing to save money..just check out my PC PSU threads to see the extend I have gone to to save money and create a free 100 volt plus 20 amp PSU

I am going to order some, just want to wait and see if the seller sends me any instruction sheet before I buy.

Hi
Does 60v/80v max ( 2/3 wire) only apply to 6020 model but they have a 7520 and 9020 models also? Seems like at least 95v max available. If so, I need 2. Later.

Dick

The manual arrived ...... :D ......bugger :cry:

Attachments

• 20A电压电流表用户手册.pdf
    415 KB · Views: 557
Ha ha... I love it! Now I know how millions of people feel when they bought a product that came with a manual in English/French/Spanish. Of course those people know not one of those languages.

I got pretty much the same result using. Google Translate, and same as you could not dingus wiring diagram image easily, so deleted it all with intention of trying to go through it and make some sense of it,

Need to somehow capture the characters in the images so the software can read them

I ordered two of these - couldn't resist at the price. They arrived sometime last week while I was out of town - no box, no manual, just wrapped in bubble wrap. They are marked "VAM9020" which may mean 90V 20 A but I don't know for sure. I've just hooked one up between the battery and the motor on a 36V Ezee equipped bike using alligator clip leads. The 4 terminals on the back of the unit are marked Input + - and Output + - so I took a shot and connected up the way you'd connect any other ammeter. I have a Watt's Up that I can connect here also. Comparing the readings on this meter with the Watt's Up readings I get under identical loading it seems to match up pretty well. When I turn on the lights I read about 0.44A, 17.8W and the battery is charged to 41.5V. After about a minute and a half the AH display went from 0.00 to 0.01 - about right again. I'll connect it up with Anderson connectors on my GF's bike and see what it says this weekend. I can run this one in series with the Watt's Up and compare the readings after a ride of a few hours duration. So far it looks promising. I was hoping to avoid buying a CA for her bike but I did want a way to keep track of the AH used and it looks like this will do the trick.

We have several members that are fluent in chinese. We should be able to get the diagram translated.

I ordered two about two or three weeks ago, should arrive soon, with luck. Happy to have a go at trying to write a user guide when they arrive.

NeilP said:
The manual arrived ...... :D ......bugger :cry:

Just ran across similar problem...

http://www.dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=110

Back