I am having hiccups with my 5A ping chargers. They blow their grid side fuses instantly when powered up.
Story so far.
1) buy parts for ebike. 2x36v20Ah pings included.
2)top off pings twice while building bike. Chargers get painfully hot to the touch but all seems well.
3) EV grin at first cycle. use 9Ah, then recharge (hots chargers are hot) for 4 hours. Cant wait for balancing to kick in, just unplug, reset CA and drive.
4) use 17Ah of next cycle. CA voltage shows 76V (73v under load) when I get ready to hook up the chargers again.
5) Start charging at 7pm. Check on the bike at 11pm. No change. Odd, but whatevs. decide to let the keep going overnight.
6) 10am next day CA shows 76V. Something is amiss. No LED signals at all.
7) Unplug everything and grab multimeter: wall plug works, as does extension cord and power cords for the charger. I notice the cabinet power sockets have fuses and check them. BINGO.
8 ) replace 6A fuses with 6.3A fuses and connect everything again. When I turn power back up I immediately hear the fuses pop.
9) God dammit. Replace the fuses and try again. Yup. Fuses blown.
10) To make things more interesting I am now unable to turn the bike on again. The bike side charger fuses are fine.
I have no alternative chargers at present. But I might be alble to borrow something in a couple of days.
Do you gentlemen have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?