BMSBATTERY PROBLEMS???

In the UK Paypal have a very strict policy. You have six months from date of receipt of the goods, to make a claim on the basis that you didn't receive the good paid for. Under this heading falls receiving goods which weren't as described; and I am virtually certain, goods not of satisfactory quality, goods packed poorly, etc (obviously what you paid for was goods which were fit for purpose). I think you'll find the property doesn't pass to you until you take receipt. So it is the seller's duty under the Paypal agreement that the goods arrive in good condition - whether or not they are packed properly. There is no requirement for you to pay to send the goods back in order to benefit from this guarantee. The risk lies with the seller. You should read your local Paypal buyer guarantee conditions, and/or phone Paypal to get some advice. Whatever you do don't pay to have your goods returned to the seller, and don't try to make a claim with the shipper: the seller alone has a contract with the shipper, and if the seller has to refund you (under the Paypal contract) for sending goods which didn't arrive in decent condition, then it's for the seller to claim from the shipper, if they so choose. Good luck!

P.S. nobody should ever pay these guys by direct bank transfer. Use the method which gives the most purchase protection. In the UK that's credit card first (s 75, applies to worldwide purchases), then possibly debit card (because you still enjoy VISA/AMEX protection - though check first), then probably Paypal, and then escrow, etc etc, but never ever bank transfer because then I don't know what you can do apart from invite your online pals to email the seller/blacklist the seller.

Good luck!

EDIT - OMG they do visa! Did you pay by visa/amex? You're laughing, as we say in England - there is huge protection for you through both your card provider (bank), and through visa/amex's own schemes! Ring the card provider first and see what they say.

FYI - recent order 2qty Q100C motors, 2qty 400W chargers + 12mm TA:

10-27-2014 - payment accepted

11-03-2014 - shipped FedEx premium w/tracking delivery to NYC by mid-week.

7 days to ship not bad. Fingers crossed packaging is decent enough to survive. Will update when order arrives....

I have been following BMS threads all along. 4+ yrs. I guess. They are all over the place..

Only China I use regular is DHGate. I use it for LEDs and LED drivers. For my sign biz I usually get 1000 LEDs at a time and 10 drivers. I always have to check min. order/larger min. orders get better price. And time to ship/2 days-7-14 etc. and lastly if it is DHL free = free shipping. Also I shop for 2 yr. warranty.. So far 2 weeks is my longest wait.

I hope this is not off topic . I only say this because they "do" have a lot of power supplies. Searching for them is also a crapshoot. It is like Google - one search brings up zip and a little different wording and you hit pay dirt .. :?

DHGate has tons of stuff you can get a knock off of a fancy wedding dress :roll: BMS prices are very tempting for sure . I pay 20 cents per LED module versus 1.50 ish each in the US. Only difference I can tell is cheaper 2 side sticky/not 3M , and thinner wires. Have to take time and care to get a tiny gray wire nut to cinch down. And wires may be white pos. and red neg. :roll:

I think this way for ordering from China, they all want to sell us their knockoffs "but" you have to do your due diligence , search and read fine print and be ok with some risk.

I sent them the extra money, and they say it should be shipping out today. They're going to ship it via UPS.

They asked me to dismiss my dispute once the merchandise is on the way, and I intend to do so.

At this point, I just want what I ordered. I've been borrowing my friend's GNG bike to get to and from work for like 3 months. I've put way more miles on it than he has. :lol:

I wish they were more open to communication earlier on rather than waiting for a dispute to be opened.

Do these "slow" orders all include battery packs? Not that I would ever buy one of those battery packs but if I did, me thinks it should remain separate from any/all hardware.

Both of our orders have batteries, but it's only about a week longer than orders without. I wouldn't normally buy a battery from them, but a friend wanted the new bottle with the controller. Till I ordered it. Then I had to make an order for one without controller to. So two batteries. I think both batteries and motors are not stocked. An order without either came in a couple of weeks.

I got a prompt reply to my message about paypal and the need for my extra shipping charges. $70 she asked, as batteries must go TNT as it says on their site. I'm not sure why they are saying UPS to Skyungjae.

I replied " I have just paid the $70 to ecity.com ref: my order number.

Is this for 2 batteries, 1 motor and some other smaller bits? "

I just got an OK. Thanks.

There English is not so bad that they miss entire paragraphs. I know it's not great, but like many foreigners they use the language barrier to hide behind, playing stupid.

I didn't put the dispute in, but looking at paypal, I have 180 days to do so. No longer 45 days, the 180 days rule is now in place. Perhaps something worthy of it's own thread...

Heard nothing. Passed QC on the 28th. Usually would of been sent days later. I don't want to rush them and get sent the wrong stuff again though.

Ykick said:

7 days to ship not bad. Fingers crossed packaging is decent enough to survive. Will update when order arrives....

UPDATE - mid-week FedEx delivery was changed to today and then moved to next mid-week. At least some updates are posting through FedEx so it's basically out of BMS Batterys' hands.

Another vendor in China told me Apple iPhone 6 have been "hogging" so much US bound cargo volume that "lesser" merchant product deliveries are being affected/delayed. It's Apple Inc. fault, LOL....

Update - I'm looking at Paypal UK's buyer protection and it doesn't apply to purchases made in more than one instalment. I suspect this clause can be overcome in the EU (which controls consumer contracts more closely than elsewhere) but possibly not the US.

I have been warning about low quality Chinese vendors for years. Basically you get what you pay for.

Sometimes the higher price is the better option if it saves you time, money, and hassle.

Yes you may be right.

I just spoke to paypal and they say they have an additional requirement of the goods being sent back in many cases. At the buyer's expense.

Well, my items finally shipped, and they should be getting to me by the end of the day this Friday. They used UPS for my particular shipment.

Ykick said:
Ykick said:

UPDATE - mid-week FedEx delivery was changed to today and then moved to next mid-week. At least some updates are posting through FedEx so it's basically out of BMS Batterys' hands.

Another vendor in China told me Apple iPhone 6 have been "hogging" so much US bound cargo volume that "lesser" merchant product deliveries are being affected/delayed. It's Apple Inc. fault, LOL....
I'm curious about that motor. Q100C. How are you using it?

Thanks,
T

Over the past two years I've had about 5 orders from BMS Battery (to the UK).

Each one has arrived after about two weeks. The status usually shows "testing" for the first week, then shipped, then it arrives within a week.

(Then about a week later I get stuffed by Fedex for the Customs and VAT plus "handling", but not BMS's fault I guess.)

The only time I've lost was with an order from Conhismotor, for a controller and display. It never actually spun the motor, despite also being tested by a very knowledgeable forum member. They sent a replacement, foc, but that never worked either. (Also tested very carefully with several other motors and batteries).

tomjasz said:
I'm curious about that motor. Q100C. How are you using it?

Thanks,
T

They're both 328 RPM loose motors going into 20" wheel folding bikes. Dahon Jetstream and Xootr Swift Folder. I'll put up a simple build thread and provide more details when everything arrives.

Ykick said:
Ykick said:

FINAL UPDATE - Delivered 11-10-2014. Most everything survived the trip but lost a few disc screws from the parts baggie. It appears to be missing both non-wire side rubber axle boots which I suspect they spaced off. Other than that, everything's present and accounted for with no visible damage to the motors or chargers which is the main thing.

Chargers set exactly at the final voltage requested. I gotta lotta stuff for the money and certainly don't feel like I was scammed about anything.

Based on all my BMS Battery experiences I would merely AVOID shipping batteries with other hardware. I really believe battery packs most likely throw everything into a tizzy.

Bah! My shipping got delayed too. It's not BMS's fault though.

Ordering e-bike parts/batteries is something I don't do very often, so I don't think this experience is going to deter me from ordering from them again.

However, I'm just going to email them my order directly and ask for an invoice rather than placing the order on the site. Other vendors I've dealt with from China and Taiwan seem to push those orders out much quicker.

Ykick said:
Based on all my BMS Battery experiences I would merely AVOID shipping batteries with other hardware. I really believe battery packs most likely throw everything into a tizzy.
Which Paul/EM3ev points out on his site. He ships the battery separately. I'd have thought that would be a common practice, it's not?

tomjasz said:
Ykick said:
Which Paul/EM3ev points out on his site. He ships the battery separately. I'd have thought that would be a common practice, it's not?

friendly1uk said:
Both of our orders have batteries, but it's only about a week longer than orders without. I wouldn't normally buy a battery from them, but a friend wanted the new bottle with the controller. Till I ordered it. Then I had to make an order for one without controller to. So two batteries. I think both batteries and motors are not stocked. An order without either came in a couple of weeks.

I got a prompt reply to my message about paypal and the need for my extra shipping charges. $70 she asked, as batteries must go TNT as it says on their site. I'm not sure why they are saying UPS to Skyungjae.

I replied " I have just paid the $70 to ecity.com ref: my order number.

Is this for 2 batteries, 1 motor and some other smaller bits? "

I just got an OK. Thanks.

There English is not so bad that they miss entire paragraphs. I know it's not great, but like many foreigners they use the language barrier to hide behind, playing stupid.

tomjasz said:
Ykick said:

The UPS tracking number indicates that it's multiple packages for my shipment.

Well mine came, and they were on form. I ordered a motor and two batteries. I got the wrong motor having explained they sent the wrong one last time and wanted it right or slower this time. They of course sent a faster one. Then one battery is smashed and the power light strobes while the unit is switched off. The other battery has a large number of cracks up to 2" long but no loose shards. Three items, Three failures. It's actually my 3rd bike sized order. Last time wrong motor. First order was a mix of broken and incorrect. Very consistent performers indeed...

edit: I have mailed, but it only causes me pain to be ignored. So i went straight to that fact, and that I would be getting my money back via visa who credited Paypal if I got no response.

No response.

Very consistent. Got to give them that much.
I will miss them tbh. It's a great catalogue and they are always using low customs valuations. It is no good building bikes from a lucky dip bag though. My customer paid $380 for that broken battery and now I have to find one elsewhere and pay for it myself. This is not a cheap supplier. The losses outweigh the gains. No customer wants to wait 2 months for a bike anyway. They are just no good.

I followed up soon after with a second mail. Again stating Paypal refund in the title, but explaining a new case and bms board would likely be fine. Cells can be used. Plus I don't mind about the 2nd battery and motor.

Well duck me, I got a reply! It took me a week almost to read it, fearing it would only ruin my day further. However, they asked me to hold off on the dispute and send pics or video. Well.. I had already sent a pic, so i sent it again, along with a couple more. Have to wait and see...

friendly1uk said:
I followed up soon after with a second mail. Again stating Paypal refund in the title, but explaining a new case and bms board would likely be fine. Cells can be used. Plus I don't mind about the 2nd battery and motor.

Well duck me, I got a reply! It took me a week almost to read it, fearing it would only ruin my day further. However, they asked me to hold off on the dispute and send pics or video. Well.. I had already sent a pic, so i sent it again, along with a couple more. Have to wait and see...

Good luck buddy. Despite my woes with BMS Battery, they actually sent me the right stuff, so I suppose I'm pretty lucky.

Well, they ignored me. I replied again, ignored again. So I rang paypal. They will refund me and understand a bust li-ion battery is dangerous goods so they can't ask me to return it.

I had told bmsb I just need a new case which they sell for $50 and perhaps a bms. That I would make another order so i pay postage. This should of cost them peanuts had they replied.

My case:
As per email and photo's. Broken case and leaking lipo pack.
4kg Battery=$386 plus $50 of sundries cost $115 to post. Then as is normal, and published on the site, batteries incur a second delivery charge. Made 3/11/2014

I offered to accept a new case and get the guts fixed up locally. I even offered to buy more stuff to pay the postage for you. Now I just want my $386 back. We can talk about postage if we talk again.

I'm pleased paypal have extended the 45 days to a full 180. It stops the problem of bmsb not sending stuff for 45 days.
If bmsb counter, I'm undecided if I should accept the parts to fix it still, Or forget doing them favours and stick to the full goods value, Or ask for additional funds to cover the postage I had to pay on it. They are history to me now, and they have caused me lots in headache, So I could go for quite a bit. The extra shipping was $70 but I had ordered a second battery and a bpm by then. The $70 had to ship them.

$450 counter? If they won't play, I have to accept the full order value back from paypal. $540 Plus the $70 and $325 comes into it somewhere. They have assured me that is not multiple payments, as it is for different goods. It is the same order though.

$900 in the balance because they won't play ball.

Back