Dealextreme connectors

davy1010

100 mW
I live in Europe and nobody has heard about "andersons" connectors over here. Shipping them from the US is rather expensive. Dealextreme is a website I have good experience with. The shipping costs are included in the price. These connectors supposed to be able to handle 60 amps. Since I'm a newbie, my question is could I use them for my ebike hook up 9C hub - 48V 15AH ping battery?

These are the connectors I'm talking about:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.41135

Thx

Those XT60s are sold by hobbyking too.

I've never seen copies of those connectors before but I remember reading on the HK blog they'd tested a number of copies and found them to be inferior quality and melt. Whether these DX ones are from the same factory as HK get theirs from, or if these are indeed the copies HK were talking about I don't know.

For the sort of application you're looking at they'd be fine either way.

I use the HK ones on one of my lipo packs and they see 40 amps constant with spikes of 65 amps and show no signs of melting. The 3.5mm EC3s however I melted fairly quickly with 40 amps.

Since you are talking about a 20-25 amp controller presumably, and a battery able to put out 30 amps continuous, you should be able to use just about anything you want for a connector, including the larger versions of the cheap blade connectors. You can also get good large bullet connectors on Ebay, but shipping is likely pretty high. A truck stop might have larger versions of bullet connectors for trailers.

Though many of us really do like our andersons, it won't take anything exotic for 30 amps, just something that can accept a 12 guage wire will be plenty good enough.

Hi,
in Germany its quite easy to get Anderson Power Poles.
They sell it at the German pedelec forum, just look for it.

Hth, Matthias

Back