Here's something that happened to me that I thought I'd relate to fellow ebikers here...
A while ago I was out doing some errands on the ebike and stopped for a red light.My thumb was off the throttle and I decided to let go of the brake,WHOA.. the bike was wanting to go.... and my other hand wasn't near the throttle.NOT GOOD!!! I grabbed the brake/motor inhibit the light changed to green and I went straight home...At home I checked all the wiring and it all looked good. Turned the key on and the bike stayed put but as soon as I sat on the bike it would want to take off without appling throttle.Shut the bike down again and checked absolutely everything I could think of and all was good. I then decided to take out the controller and open it up to look for a short or whatever. I took the cover off all seemed okay but noticed that the wires that were to come out of the controller were crossed and seemed compressed kinda flat. I uncrossed the wires and neatly laid them side by side and put the cover back on.I then put the controller back into the battery/controller can and added two spacer washers to get a little clearance from the top of the can (pic bellow)
Wired it all together again turned the keyed start sat on the bike.... it didn't want to go....Yipee problem solved... it's worked fine ever since.
I never ever would have thought some compressed wires would cause a failure such as I had experienced,nothing was shorted out. Perhaps the compression on the wires made them behave like a capacitor or something,I don't know.
Just thought I'd pass this along to my fellow ebikers at this forum.
The throttle isn't the LED batt.level type,Ypedal
Tyler,I would also agree that crosstalk in the wires very unlikely but I couldn't find any short and I looked really closely at it. The tiny wires that went into the white plugs attached to the controller board were crossed and squashed flat by the other wire that passed over them.All the insulation around the tiny wires was intact but flattened.
After separating all the wires so nothing crossed nothing anymore.and adding the washers thus removing any pressure from the top of the controller all has been fine. and it's been at least a month since.If there is a short I surely didn't find it.