I post some pics about the work i did on my very first hub motor, my 5305
fo 4 years old and 8000km on it with many hard extreme conditions.
-dissassembled completly the motor and removed the old damaged silicon
-cleaned all the motor with pressured air spray
-removed all metal particules and dust on the magnet and stator with red duck tape... and ALOT of patience!!!!!
.. it took me like 3hours and 2 rolls of tape!
Magnet are attracting these particles so this is not a "simple" clean up!!
-I cleaned all non winding surface with acetone and then with alcohol including the magnets.
- I also added some rubber seal between the motor axel and the inner diameter of the side cover end
-I installled new 10 gauge wires on it
- Then i painted every surfaces with this special motor purpose protector.
-Than i replaced the 6004 and 6005 bearings with quality Italian bearing
. ( you really feel the difference between cheap and quality bearing
!! when manually rotate them!.
here is some pics;