What final battery/controller/charger connector

Andje

10 kW
I am trying to decide on a final connector for my battery to controller connection. I will be plugging 24s3p into a lyen 18 fet, and i will fit a pre charge resistor circuit as well.
I will have my batteries mounted in a hard pack and i think i would want the long wired connection to be attached to the bike and go up to the backpack.
My dilemma is what connector to use for this final connection. Sadly it also has to look cool since realistically i could prbly just use 4mm bullets since i'm only going to be pulling up to about 5kw i would guess. So look strong and professional and also ideally be waterproof in terms of it's entrance into the backpack. Now i could build a housing and epoxy a 175 sb anderson into the bag http://www.powerwerx.com/_images/products/SB175_sm.gif. The other sb that would be attached to the bike i would get the corrosion housing and the wire retainer clip and make it solid so the weight of the wire wont eventually pull it out.
Or i could go with something like the chassis mount that holds 8 anderson 30's http://www.powerwerx.com/_images/products/HS-8_lrg.jpg and then split the 10 gauge wire coming from my bats to multiple smaller andersons increasing redundancy, and each wire would get 4 anderson 30's, so more then enough.
Or i could go with a number of different marine connectors. Or i could prbly get away with a couple ec5's.
I will also be using this same connection to charge my pack at 100v.
What is the forums suggestion?

If using the Andersons, I'd go with the Multipoles (SB) of whatever size you find appropriate for the mounting requirements and current draw. They won't come loose by accident, especially if you use the higher-pull-force version of the contacts. ;) The only time I ever had one come loose was when the 15lb 18Ah SLA battery actually fell off of CrazyBike2, which yanked it's connector loose, using SB-50s recycled off of UPS/wheelchair stuff.

Back