Connectors for balancing cables on e-bike batts, chargers?

Little-Acorn

100 W
Does anyone knnow where to get the connectors that are commonly found on the ribbon cables for e-bike batteries and chargers?

Not the heavier 14ga or 12ga wires that carry the main drive current from the batteries. I'm talking about the ribbon cables that are used for cell balancing by the charger. I'd like to make some custom cables for the battery charger, and I'm hoping to match the existing connectors.

Anyone know where to find those connectors? So I can solder or squeeze them onto the correct-size ribbon cable, and either make a new cable, ir an extension cord for an existing cable?

I have a 48V 1000W system, with sixteen cells, so I'd need a connector that goes in 16-wire ribbon cable. I'd like to find both male and female connectors.

Not sure if this is the type your looking for or not but if you go to Ebay and do a search for CellLO8 you will find sellers that sell the female versions for different #s of wires. They may only be advertizing a 9 wire but if you look at there info may times they offer different number of wires as well. And one of them that I contacted offered to build pretty much what ever I wanted both male and female. Sorry, I don't remember who the seller was.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I tried your suggestion. The search returned 0 results.

Tried it with a zero before the 8, and with a letter O before the 8, no connectors. Tried it with three L's and with two L's, still no connectors of any kind, tho I found some interesting coin collections.

Can you check again, the spelling of the search term?

OK, first off are you sure you need a 16 wire connector? I am no expert but I would think that if you have 16 cells you would need a 17 wire connector not 16. In any case why do you need it as 1 ribbon? Could you use 2 ribbons that equal the number you require? Here's a like to several balance ribbons. If you could use 2 ribbons you can buy a set of 7s which in most cases actuall have 8 wires totaling 16 or if you actually need 17 wires as I suspect then you could buy a 1 x7 and 1x8 that would total 17 wires. Remember I also said that I sent a message to a supplier looking for something that he did not list and he said he could make it for me special. So if you can't use standard connectors send a message to a few suppliers and see what they can do for you. But remember they are all in China so tell them exactly what you want so it doesn't get lost in traslation.

I did 2 searches balance wire and balance connector
Bob

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=balance+wire&_sacat=0&_odkw=celllog8&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=balance+connector&_sacat=0&_odkw=balancing+connector&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I have purchased 9 pin and 11 pin JST XH connectors from local electronics suppliers element 14 and RS Components here in Australia to make up extension cables and charger balance cables for 8s and 10s lipo packs.

These look like the ones! Thank you, Rin, Bob, and Jateureka!

Back