Connectors making me nervous...

IIPunnII

100 µW
So I have my front wheel motor installed and everything charged and waiting.

However the connector from the controller to the battery pack (or at least what I think is the connector) is marked as red/black. The connector from the battery pack is also red/black. However the only way they fit together is red to black and black to red which makes me nervous... I don't want to short something out. Is this how it should connect.

Here is my controller (you can see the red black connector)

c3625dchs4.jpg

Here is my battery (you can't see the connector but it looks exactly like the one on the controller)

b3608mht1sfre6.jpg

Edit: Yup when trying to plug it in it blew the 25A fuse on the battery. Saved my controller though...

I had a simalar problem from crystalyte years ago.

On the controller, to see which power lead is really ground, put an ohm-meter on its lowest resistance setting, and with no battery connected, buzz from one power lead to each of the brake connector leads. If no zero or very low ohm reading, change to the other power connector lead, and buzz the brake connector leads again.

The one combination with real close to zero ohms, those are ground, or battery minus leads.

Hope this helps.

These " Anderson Powerpoles " can be unhooked from eachother and swapped around so that they connect properly.. look at the tonge and groove sections to see how they slide apart.

There may be a " Roll Pin " between the blocks to prevent them from sliding.. just push this pin out with a small screw driver.

Red-Red and Black Black from controller to battery.

YPedal is right. The color code may be accurate, someone mated the two connectors incorrectly.

If you lose the roll pin, one tine from a plastic fork works well and is in conductive.

For everything i make, I have a standard for anderson power pole connector configuration. dont know if crystalyte does.

dick

I have a clyte 36 volt brushed controller and 600 watt brushed clyte motor and the connections from the controller to the batteries are red to red and black to black.Check the orientation of the anderson connectors so that they mate correctly as Ypedal and deardancer3 have said.

Eric

Back