Xlyte EB218 A-2 compared to Lyen EB218 AS-1 version

NeilP

1 GW
I have a Crystalyte 72v 48 amp controller
18 FET IRBF4110's and 100Volt caps.
It is a EB218 A 2 board.

My infineon 18FET Lyen edition 65 amp controller is a EB218 AS-1 board and that has the programming header on it.

I have not taken the board out the Crystalyte controller case yet to look at it, but does anyone know if it is significantly different to the AS-1 version board from Lyen?.

I mean can I wire up a header to it as well, beef up the traces and program it the same as the Lyen controller or is this a totally different beast?

You should be able to program it without problems. :mrgreen:

That is what I was hoping...last time I asked on here about programming the Xlyte controllers, I seem to remember being told that Xlyte had their own boards and no one knew anything about them, so i was quite suprised to open up on end of it and see a model number that seemed the same as an Infineon controller

Actually, now that you mention it, I remember reading a thread by Fechter about his xlyte controller. It WAS much different than our Infineons. I guess xlyte has moved to infineons?

NeilP said:
That is what I was hoping...last time I asked on here about programming the Xlyte controllers, I seem to remember being told that Xlyte had their own boards and no one knew anything about them, so i was quite suprised to open up on end of it and see a model number that seemed the same as an Infineon controller

yea, i thought that was strange from what I had heard.. i did not expect to see the Infineon board in the Xlyte box

well I opened it up and the chip is not numbered and the usb header does not have any markings on the pads except the 5v pad

file.php

file.php

file.php

That is a 116 chip

Grea, thanks

I must stop doing what I have just done..double posting...as I see you answered this on the other thread too..although not strictly the same it is still bad form and I do know it :oops:
slap me if you must

Back