Giant DH Comp - Damageless Torque Arms…

Bison_69

100 W
Hi guys,

Here is the torque-arms I am using on my bike… the idea of this kit is being able to use the frame back in its original shape (prevent unwanted stress on the structure) also if for some reason you decide one day to sell your bike or buy a better one…

I designed all the torque-arm parts with SolidWorks and the parts were made to a local machine shop (laser cut). The alloy used was QT-100 and Domex-100 very strong steel.

Inside width for wheel 140mm. Fasteners are from McMaster stainless steel (hi-grade).

(see enclosed pictures and data)

Attachments

• Domex 100 W.pdf
    189.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Rear hub motor & torque arm exploded view.jpg
    Rear hub motor & torque arm exploded view.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 712
  • DSCN1952_.JPG
    DSCN1952_.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 711
Awesome job!

Do you plan to release the CAD files so others can have parts locally lasercut?

How are you positioning the brake calliper with the wheel in the new lower position, below the original axle?

very nice work. I though about doing something similar on my 1000w gm scott ransom 30 alu build. In the end I bought the IDS (interchangable drop out/frame savers) and machined them to fit the hub motor axle so it would sit deep enough in the gap. I think ive been ok up to now as im at 48v though im planning to take it up to 72v soon with a hua tong (cheap £20 generic) controller. That said i dont wanna have an accident when i do do this. I definately dont want the IDS to crack. On my other build i put some dr bass torque arms. Its a cheap steel one so ive not issues with fixing them on permanently.

Really like the design, very slick.

regards Andy

Back