Kelly controller error code?

tdneVmoDK

100 W
Anyone who can help me with this?

It gives error code: # ¤ ¤ ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ ¤ ¤ ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ ¤ ¤ # In
the manual it says that # ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ # is throttle problem. I measured throttle between 5V+ and signal wire. It is 4 volts. If i twist the throttle, the voltage will fall. So is this a 3 wire pot, or a hall active throttle?

:eek:

there's no way for us to tell you what kind of throttle you have with the info you give. you'd have to measure it with an ohmmeter to find out which one it is. or open it up and physically look at the guts.

normally throttle voltage is low at throttle off, high at throttle max. sounds like it might be a pot throttle and you might have it wired backwards.

if it's a hall throttle you can't wire it backwards and still get the right output (might evne smoke the hall). but a pot would work either way, except that your spring return would be returning it to max throttle instead of zero.

btw, your actual error code doesnt' show up as readable characters for me here. just a bunch of boxes.

tdneVmoDK said:
Anyone who can help me with this?

It gives error code: # ¤ ¤ ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ ¤ ¤ ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ ¤ ¤ # In
the manual it says that # ¤¤ ¤¤¤¤ # is throttle problem. I measured throttle between 5V+ and signal wire. It is 4 volts. If i twist the throttle, the voltage will fall. So is this a 3 wire pot, or a hall active throttle?

:eek:

if the controller sees voltage on the throttle signal wire at power up it will give an error code. its a safety thing. if your throttle is faulty or has a weak spring in it and its not completely returning to 0v. the kelly wont turn on.

Well.. between signal and negative, i have 0.8V starting point. Then, when i twist the throttle, the voltage rises. I found out, that it might be a hall throttle, and that i set the effective starting value too low. So it actually thinks that i twist the throttle, even though i don't.

So now i have programmed it to hall throttle, and effective starting 1.1 volt. I will see if that works tomorrow :)

When i measure between negative and signal, or positive and signal, i do not get any difference in resistance when i twist the throttle, so i do not think it is a simple potentiometer?

Sounds like a hall throttle to me, based on the voltages and the resistance measurement results. Typically those don't go down to zero volts liek a pot throttle would, so some controllers don't like them unless they have a specific setting for them.

Should work with your new settings, though if you start at 1.1V instead of 0.8V, it's not going to give you as fine a control as it would with the full voltage range.

amberwolf said:
Sounds like a hall throttle to me, based on the voltages and the resistance measurement results. Typically those don't go down to zero volts liek a pot throttle would, so some controllers don't like them unless they have a specific setting for them.

Should work with your new settings, though if you start at 1.1V instead of 0.8V, it's not going to give you as fine a control as it would with the full voltage range.

You are right. Maybe i will change it later :)

I have too a xx,xxxx (or 2,4) error code upon connecting my throttle to a kelly controller.
It has 3 wires (red, green, black). How do I determine which kind of throttle it is? And how do I determine if I fried the controller with wrong throttle connection?? :cry: And how can I emulate throttle to test the controller?

Back