q100 and noise "cui cui" clutch or other?

toniovelo

10 W
Hello!

I have a little noise with my 36v q100 328 rpm.

I explain you when the noise is here:

When i put current on motor = no noise ;
when i use bike under 5km/h without current = noise ;
when i use bike more 5/10 km/h without current = no noise;
when i use bike under 5km/h with current = no noise

I think it's clutch in q100 motor but i don't know how i can repair this??? Have you any idea? Thanks!

You can sometimes get resonance noise when the motors are new. They quieten down with age. I've got one that sings at about 12 km/h under load,but I just ignore it.

Yours has probably got a sticking roller in the clutch. To dismantle the motor, take one of the three screws out of the side. Insert a longer one so that it sticks out. You can then tap it in an anticlockwise direction with a hammer and blunt screwdriver. It takes a lot of taps to start moving. Draw a line in the case so that you can see if it's moving. After a bit you can unscrew it by hand.

The clutch looks like this (left). You have to remove the other two screws to release it. Maybe it needs a bit of grease:

OK, thanks a lot D8veh!

But what is "sticking roller" , burning grease glued and fixed? What kind of grease i must put in motor?

And, when i must tap on the long screw with hammer, i must unscrew the 2 little others screws before or after this? :?:

If you look at the photo of the clutch, you can see three rollers. When the motor turns in the right direction, they roll up the ramp and lock to the outer part to turn the wheel. When the wheel turns faster than the motor, they roll back down to release the wheel. When you open the motor, you will see if anything is wrong. You can turn it to see if it makes a noise.

The three screws hold the clutch to the side-plate. You should only take one screw out of the side-plate to unscrew it, not all three, because the whole clutch will turn and the threaded holes in the clutch will disappear out of sight, so you can't screw a longer one in.

You can knock the screw round with anything, but you need to hit it near the side-plate otherwise it will bend over.

Yes, ok i understand now, i will see if there is any problem with a roller or other. Thanks!

I've open the q100 today and the problem was roller or spring or over old grease glued? I washed all in the clutch, put a little of grease and rebuild the q100 and now no noise :D

Thanks a lot D8veh :wink:

I am not quite understanding this .

Also , I have the cst version, the three screws are on the cassette free hub body side of the motor.

On your bottom picture I do not see where there is threads for a freewheel, or disc brake screw holes ,
so cannot figure out which side of the motor the clutch is on . is it on the Cassette/Freewheel side or the brake rotor side ?

Mine is not laced up to a wheel yet or hooked up to battery/controller, but it is not freewheeling when I turn it, only turning less than one revolution when spinning it very hard.

>

Take the
d8veh said:
You can sometimes get resonance noise when the motors are new. They quieten down with age. I've got one that sings at about 12 km/h under load,but I just ignore it.

Yours has probably got a sticking roller in the clutch. To dismantle the motor, take one of the three screws out of the side. Insert a longer one so that it sticks out. You can then tap it in an anticlockwise direction with a hammer and blunt screwdriver. It takes a lot of taps to start moving. Draw a line in the case so that you can see if it's moving. After a bit you can unscrew it by hand.

The clutch looks like this (left). You have to remove the other two screws to release it. Maybe it needs a bit of grease:

Back