Infineon 18FET - Positive all phases =open circuit - Normal?

Cowardlyduck

Staff member
Hi guys,

So my Fighter stopped working for me earlier in the week as posted about here, and the following page. Basically it's doing the typical rough running sometimes, and 'sticking' at other times when applying small amounts of throttle. Mostly the motor is just sticking to the one point and in both cases it cuts out after a second or so. Regen still works, however it is rough.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=4725#p781167

Since most of the electrics are not original from Stealth anymore, I thought I better start a new thread for my issue elsewhere.

Unfortunately, after a few PM's with Kepler, it turns out the fault it less likely to be a blown FET after all.

I have an Infineon EB3 18FET controller with the traces beefed up courtesy of Hyena. Testing on my multimeter shows an open circuit from the Positive battery lead to every phase. The Negative to each phase gives the expected 10kΩ.
So my first question for those in the know is, Does an open circuit from the Positive battery lead to each of the phases definitively indicate that there is an issue with the controller, or is this normal?
I'm not sure if it will help, but I'll post these pictures here again anyway.

P1060588.jpg

P1060589.jpg

P1060592.jpg

P1060595.jpg

If the issue is with the controller, is it still potentially the FETs or something else? I could probably replace FETs myself, but am unsure if I could do much else with confidence.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Back