3000W alibaba hub motor good?

Animalector

10 kW
I am looking at options for my Greyborg build. I want a cromotor, but need to consider options....

I'm chasing +60km/h to blend with traffic on occasion, and planning on an 88V pack.

What do people think of this motor. anyone with experience? Any recommendations?

apparently it's a 45mm magnet (stator?) motor.. didn't get a spec on KV. I think it would be much cheaper than a Cromotor, and for a test motor might not be a bad idea. It comes laced witha 19" motorcycle rim, single speed freewheel and MTB style disc brake.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1137793044/High_Power_70kph_100kph_3kw_new.html

High_Power_70kph_100kph_3kw_new_Hub.jpg

Thanks
Andy

Looks good to me. I think I'd just want the bare motor though. I usually ride under 15 mph, but I like power/speed when I need/want it.

Quick DetailsVoltage: 48v 60v 72v 84v 96v Design: Brushless Wattage: > 400w
watts: 1kw,1.5kw,2kw,3kw,5kw top speed: 70kph~100kph magnet: 35cm-42cm
brake: disc brake efficiency: 85% axle size: 142mm,145mm
axle: 10mmx16mm,12mmx16mm

Copied the text and what is it really? 400w or 3,000.
Very vauge in the description. So for 250 you would get the 400w and what does the 3,000 watt cost? I really wonder if they know what they are selling.

Dan

Brushless Wattage: > 400w. That's how they classify any motor over 400W. It's a 3000W rated motor.
Specifications

Newly product
1.5kw,2kw,3kw,5kw
High power
High speed

High power, good quality, 70kph-100kph 3kw hub motor for ebike/3000W hub motor wheel

Brushless gearless hub motor Max speed can achieve 100kph we garrenty two years for this motor. It can attach disc brake and single freewheel

There's the whole kit for the 3kw with a 40 ah lifepo4, unspecified voltage but one could assume 44-48v.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1246472014/High_Power_70kph_100kph_3kw_new.html

It says $450-600/set, 10 set minimum. Controller has reverse, headlight control, all around interesting stuff.

That's without the battery. Here it is at quantity 1.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1138310936/High_power_3000w_electric_bike_conversion.html
I'm tempted, but I really don't need it.

Well. I was mainly concerned about the legitimacy of the ad ie whether it really was 3kw and I was hoping someone had already bought one. I guess i can buy one and see then post results.

I'll be driving it with one of zombies 18 fet controllers. Need batteries before I can spin it up however.

Andy

So it says "There are 112732 hub motor(s) from at least 1103 suppliers on Alibaba.com." I guess if everyone active took 1,700 of them, we could get to them all.

I was just looking at that, says the magnet is 35cm to 42cm? Those be some super large magnets. They probably meant mm. Overall it looks like a decent deal for what it is. I am currently having Voltriders build a motor into a 19" Warp9 MC wheel for me for my new setup/build thread. Some Shinko tires should get you just over 25" diameter.

Check out this other posting by them
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1246472014/High_Power_70kph_100kph_3kw_new.html

Doesn't that bike picture look a little odd, as in not running one of their motors?

I'm not a wheel builder, but I thought I remember someone saying lacing a hub motor should be done from inside the flange not outside for some reason or another.

Post up when you get it. I'm tempted to spend the money at that price and get one to build a dirt cheap Genesis bike since I have 2 Farfle swing arms on their way.

*edit* just tried talking to someone from the company on Alibaba, waist of time, they don't know any technical specs. Typical Chinese company. If they actually knew how to answer questions and were informed on their products they could do so much better. I was seriously contemplating buying 1 and wanted some basic specs. She gave up responding when I asked about speed per volt. Didn't even get to ask about what the spoke were made of, stainless steel of Chinese cheese.

I've been dealing with another vender in Shenzen on another deal and they have been very helpful and knowledgeable about what they are selling, wish they all were like that. I'm not a fan of the buy and cross my fingers I get something that's not a total waste of money. two of these could have helped me build some pretty nice Genesis setups without spending a ton by using high end Cromotors, bummer.

well I am about to buy, I am going for the 3000W motor with single freewheel and bicycle disc brake laced into 19" MC rim plus a second rim for the front, spare spokes, and tyres for both..

About to make payment by paypal once I have determined how they intend to ship it and how long it will take.. in case i need to refund through paypal.

I'll let you know when I get it. (and yes I noticed the pics of the Cromotor on a greyborg in their other add).. I guess we'll see.

Andy

zombiess said:
I was just looking at that, says the magnet is 35cm to 42cm? Those be some super large magnets. They probably meant mm. Overall it looks like a decent deal for what it is. I am currently having Voltriders build a motor into a 19" Warp9 MC wheel for me for my new setup/build thread. Some Shinko tires should get you just over 25" diameter.

Check out this other posting by them

Doesn't that bike picture look a little odd, as in not running one of their motors?

I'm not a wheel builder, but I thought I remember someone saying lacing a hub motor should be done from inside the flange not outside for some reason or another.

Post up when you get it. I'm tempted to spend the money at that price and get one to build a dirt cheap Genesis bike since I have 2 Farfle swing arms on their way.

*edit* just tried talking to someone from the company on Alibaba, waist of time, they don't know any technical specs. Typical Chinese company. If they actually knew how to answer questions and were informed on their products they could do so much better. I was seriously contemplating buying 1 and wanted some basic specs. She gave up responding when I asked about speed per volt. Didn't even get to ask about what the spoke were made of, stainless steel of Chinese cheese.

I've been dealing with another vender in Shenzen on another deal and they have been very helpful and knowledgeable about what they are selling, wish they all were like that. I'm not a fan of the buy and cross my fingers I get something that's not a total waste of money. two of these could have helped me build some pretty nice Genesis setups without spending a ton by using high end Cromotors, bummer.

Quite a few sellers on alibaba are just retail fronts selling using dropshipping, fair number on ebay, seen them on amazon too. A few tell you- hidden away in all that small print.

madin88 said:
the housing of the motor looks a bit like cromotor without bicycle spoke drillouts and painted sideplates..

look at this: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/742484915/3_kw_high_powerelectric_wheel_hub.html

this looks very like cromotor (same stator and cables) :?

:sigh: Here we go again LOL.

Have you ever wondered why Accountant posts pictures with baskets full of stators in the machine shop in Croatia? It's because they have to do custom machine / finish work. Chances of it being the same quality are about nil since they have their motors built to their own specs. Doesn't mean it's not a good motor, but its only around 85% efficient vs the V2 which is > 90% efficiency. I think the magnets are something like 35-42mm (they specify cm), good luck getting the company to give real specs, I had no luck and I wanted to buy one or two with matching front rims.

zombiess said:
Doesn't mean it's not a good motor, but its only around 85% efficient vs the V2 which is > 90% efficiency.

Is cromotor V2 truly >90% efficient and where is this written?
I read something about dyno tests which shows about 85% but in this thread it was not mentioned if it was V2 or V1.

I know that zelena vozilla in croatia do a lot of finish work to make this motor fit in bicycle frame, but as i know they dont do anything on the stator, windings, cables etc.. Or do they?

The motor in the first link with orange rim seems to have all the same modifications done for fit in bicycle but we dont know if it has the V2 aluminium stator with better windings or if its the older V1 version.
What we definitely know is that these motors seems to all come from the nine continent company from China :wink:

This motor has 42mm magnetss, not sure of the stator size, the seller had very little tech info other than color choices. It appears to be 13.8 KV so I went with 17" rims $587, 40 of that was for the spare rim. Spokes are chrome plated steel, no idea about the rim, seller seemed to be annoyed by all my technical questions.

Compared to a Cromotor I believe one could save about $250 vs buying a bare motor and having built up by Voltriders. The end difference is you have a final product that is less powerful, less efficient and made to a much lower quality standard. Two of the highest quality affordable hub motors I know of are Greyborgs and John in CRs motors.

I will install this on a genesis frame with a Farfle swing arm. Will probably sell it as a complete bike at some point. It will be a good bike, but not the same as my Warp due to component choice. Warp is being built with high end goodies, my Chris King headset was just installed. My Genesis will probably use a <$50 headset. I am going to start selling off my other bikes very soon now that I have my Warp frame. Nothing wrong with choice.

V2 motor manufacturer spec sheet has the motor over 90%, no I can't post it.

I have many people buy motors from me solely for the fact they don't need to deal with China themselves. I myself tend to be cheap, bit if there was a knowledgeable USA / Can seller of this motor I would rather buy from them. I have just rolled the proverbial dice on this one, I expect the typical issues such as rear brake fitment, no c washers, etc. I just hope the metal is not made from cheese causing the freewheel Or axle to brake off, that's probably my biggest concern. This is for a lower speed build, under 40mph.

I am not sure why people think 9c invented the electric motor and everything else is a clone? Many motors use the exact same stator pattern and their only appears to be a few case and cover design as. Lamination thickness and magnet quality make a big difference in motor performance.

BTW, I purchased one of these for a cheap project so in a few weeks I will have one to rip apart and test. Previous experience with this gives me a good idea of what to expect.

Just some fun games while ordering. I received an email asking if their 17" 14mm wide rim is OK LOL. I wonder if they make 200psi super skinny moped tires to fit.

zombiess said:
Just some fun games while ordering. I received an email asking if their 17" 14mm wide rim is OK LOL. I wonder if they make 200psi super skinny moped tires to fit.

they will get many rim returns if unknowing customers really fill them up with 200psi :)

the chinese should learn english before they going to sell worldwide hehe

Animalector said:
I have to say their English is way way better than my Chinese. So kudos to them
Andy

Yup better than mine too and I actually know a tiny bit of Cantonese including some characters :D

I wonder if this is going to be any good or crap quality. I won't know until its in hand, its a crap shoot, but the potential higher speed wind already laced into a moped rim intrigues me for a build I want to do. I wish they had a narrower case so I could run a multi gear freewheel vs single speed.

Back