The new Qute Q100H motor

Jostling

1 mW
Hi, would be intereating to hear of any experience from the new Qute Q100H Black 350W motor, 201 rpm version. Does it really provide 30% more torque than the Q100 as stated by BMS. Does it have the same dimension as Q100?. IF answer is yes,it seem to me that this motor is unique as it provide means for high torque and freewheel in a small hub that allow for disc break.
Is it OK to run on 48V Lipos or FePO4 battery?

I see they do a 260 rpm version, which will give about 22mph on the road. That will work much better than the old 328 rpm ones, which were a bit under-powered for that speed in 26" or 700c wheels. I've ordered a pair for my 2WD Rocky Mountain. I'll let you know the difference.

d8veh said:
I see they do a 260 rpm version, which will give about 22mph on the road. That will work much better than the old 328 rpm ones, which were a bit under-powered for that speed in 26" or 700c wheels. I've ordered a pair for my 2WD Rocky Mountain. I'll let you know the difference.

OK, we wait your test of this Q100H. I'm very interesting by this motor on the paper after in live i wait your test :lol: (sorry for my bad english)

260 rpm would be ideal. The 201 rpm is ok for torque but lacks speed, and the 328 rpm one has no torque at all.

Jostling said:
Hi, would be intereating to hear of any experience from the new Qute Q100H Black 350W motor, 201 rpm version. Does it really provide 30% more torque than the Q100 as stated by BMS. Does it have the same dimension as Q100?.

I've only done high school physics, but something seems "off" to me. Given that the original motor is 350w, and this motor is 350w, the only way they can raise torque 30% is by reducing speed 30%.

They could have done this with the reduction gears or a different winding, but either way, without an increase in power, you have to give something up to get the extra torque. If they did it using gears, and especially stronger gears, then the whole system can be more efficient and stronger, and this would be a great upgrade, but just plain saying 30% extra torque without explaining how sounds like marketing fluff to me.

You're right, but the 350w rating is meaningless. It actually is written 250w to 350w on the motor whatever that's supposed to mean. Normally, to get more torque you have to reduce the speed or increase the current. "30% more torque" - more torque than what? The 328 rpm one doesn't have a lot of torque in a 26" wheel, so presumably if you reduced the same motor to 260 rpm,that would give 20% more torque on it's own. I'm not expecting a torque monster hiding in such a small motor. If there's more than the 201 rpm one, I'll be very happy. The main advantage for me is the 260 rpm, which will enable it to realise its full potential in a 26" wheel. 201 rpm is too slow and 328 rpm is too high.I always wanted something in the middle.

:mrgreen: well ... i can't output 480w in constant mode during 15km on a Q100-328RPM-24v overcloked at 42v.
so, the Q100H can handle easly a 500w in "torque" mode usage (ON/OFF).

they don't incluse the KTY thermal sensor on the "free white" wire now ... ?
HURRY ! Like the CST ... the time is long before an effective sell.

Some of the other Q models have a 10mm spacer that lifts off the axle shaft, might be the extra 10mm there...

So any first impressions on this motor yet? Does it live up to its claims?

Sunder said:
It has to come from China - usually two weeks, which will probably tip it into the Xmas postal mayhem.

cwah said:
145mm dropout... too fat for most bikes
I just checked my old Q128, which was also supposed to be 145mm. It measures exactly 135mm to the edge of a 6 speed Shimano free-wheel, so you have to spring about 2mm to fit washers/spacers/nut to give clearance for the chain. That's about the same with most motors. I fitted that Q128 to three different bikes, and I didn't have any problems with the width.

Maybe we can put more than 16/17A with this new Q100H... I wait the test with impatience :D

I don't think so. I've received email from bmsbattery that they don't recommend using the cute100H 260RPM on 26" wheels. It means it doesn't have much torque.

cwah said:
I don't think so. I've received email from bmsbattery that they don't recommend using the cute100H 260RPM on 26" wheels. It means it doesn't have much torque.

It doesn't have more torque that Q100 328rpm (270 rpm in true) in 26" wheel???

cwah said:
it has obviously more torque than the previous one.

But it doesn't mean it has enough torque to push a 26" wheel

I'm happy with my Q100 328rpm with 26 wheel (it's flat in my land) so if the new Q100H has really 30% more torque it's a good new to drive in city and the black color is great i found! :mrgreen:

d8veh said:
Sunder said:
It has to come from China - usually two weeks, which will probably tip it into the Xmas postal mayhem.

Fair enough. Last thing I ordered from Aliexpress took 9 weeks - had to open a package lost claimed. Luckily it arrived before the dispute was resolved, so I could cancel the dispute.

If you had it sent by EMS or Chinapost, I suspect it'll be late Jan before you get it :(

I'll keep subscribed to this thread though. Keen to know what it turns out like.

toniovelo said:
What's news about the Q100H? Tests? :wink:
I have my motors now. I've built them into wheels, so I only need to install them, which will be quick because they replace the old Q100s; however, I'm working on my folder at the moment, so it will be a couple of days before I get to my Rocky Mountain. Hopefully, I should have some answers by Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Back