My stromer is dead.. Anyone have information?

volandos

100 µW
I would need electronic diagram, display diagram, blueprint or anything it helps for repair.

Bike says No comm.

TIA!

r3volved said:
Aside from contacting the dealer or manufacturer, do you have a multimeter that you can use to test with?

Yes, they do have electricity. What do you think I can do?

I would start by testing the charger, battery, bms, and then controller for proper voltages.

You haven't really explained any of the symptoms...

Is the battery holding a charge? Does everything seem fine but no life when turned on? Does your motor have any extra rotational resistance or noise? Have you done any modifications or servicing to any components? Have you recently ridden in the rain or snow? Have you opened anything up yet to look for loose or broken connections?

You're going to have a hell of a time trying to troubleshoot this here without any background info.

anyone know how to open the motor to change some parts?

It seems the problem lies in the motor controller which is inside the rear hub.

why do you think the problem is in the motor controller? have you ever repaired anything before? do you have a voltmeter or a camera to take pictures? did you talk to the dealer who sold you this thing?

dnmun said:
why do you think the problem is in the motor controller? have you ever repaired anything before? do you have a voltmeter or a camera to take pictures? did you talk to the dealer who sold you this thing?

I spoke to the dealer he told me it could be the motor controller. Im overseas and there is no dealer here, I can take it to an electrician but need to know how to open the rear hub and locate the the motor controller

i doubt if an electrician can help you. maybe one of the more capable members here could examine it and tell you what failed but the motor controller would be as foreign to the electrician as it is to you.

if they knew where you are they may be local enuff to be able to recommend an ebike or EV shop which could manage to examine it for you.

dnmun said:
i doubt if an electrician can help you. maybe one of the more capable members here could examine it and tell you what failed but the motor controller would be as foreign to the electrician as it is to you.

if they knew where you are they may be local enuff to be able to recommend an ebike or EV shop which could manage to examine it for you.

But Anyone know how to open the rear hub-Motor?

volandos said:
dnmun said:

But Anyone know how to open the rear hub-Motor?

Take it off the bike and start removing screws.

This is right from the manual http://www.stromer.ca/mystromer/content/pdf/MAN_Stromer2012_english.pdf:
Step 1
Try to solve the problem using the troubleshooting list below.

Step 2
If your problem is listed in the troubleshooting list you can try to remedy the problem
using the proposed solution listed next to it. If this does not work or the problem is not
listed, continue to the next step.

Step 3
Contact the service hotline at 0848 31 45 01 or the nearest service center (for address list
see pages 22 and 23).
NO_COM - The power supply plug is disconnected or the motor is defective. Check the connection. If the problem persists contact the nearest service center.
Did you do check the connectors for dirt and wear?
Regularly check the plug connections on the display and on the motor (underneath the Neoprene guard on the inside of the left chain stay).
Online help: http://www.stromerbike.com/en/int/support/support-st1/troubleshooting/error-messages

Back