New sunwin controller wiring with KFF pics

[/attachment]misc 108.JPGI have read the topics = Determining the wiring for a brushless motor also Magicpie 3 swip controller,how the ...?
They have helped but needed to ask before I create more fireworks. I put back on my old control and tested it and everything still works. (the throttle,on off,motor,batteries. Surprisingly after sparking a few times. Hopefully the new 48/60/72v control is still o.k. Took it apart and didn't see any caps blown. The solder on the bottom looked discolored but think it may be flux. I originally hooked up the wrong wires to my on/off switch but have a new one and got it working now...so I now have power going to the motor but the hall or phase or throttle wires are not in the right order. I think I did all possible combos for the phase wires and the the 3 throttle wires. I wrote them down,used the chart I saw on here. The best I got was the motor ran backwards but I know that's not good. I have not switched the small hall wires in the connecting block yet. Guess that is my next step?? The new control has a sticker on the wires that says throttle and another that says speed cables. What's the difference? I am using the cable that says throttle cable. Hopefully this isn't a total topic repeat. On the KFF I didn't get burnt...room full of black smoke and melted wire with a big pop. wouldn't have guessed a 22 gauge wire could do that. Felt like a dummy.Not much room for guessing,no such thing as a slight touch. The motor is a dongdiane 1500 watt brushless.

Attachments

• misc 109.JPG
    misc 109.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,720
...Mmmmmmm crispy.

Yup Toasty they are! Looks bad glad it is not. Yes, it doesn't take much of a mistake when you have sufficient battery power to do some severe damage. I ruined my favorite needle nose pliers with a couple of a123 26650s so very low voltage but the tips of the pliers glowed red and got warped in an instant. Hard to find US made tools these days. Managed to shorten up my Volt Meter leads quite a bit another time it just evaporated in less than the blink of an eye.
I would imagine the speed wires are would either limit or allow full power either when connected together or to a three speed switch.

Nicely done. Good thickness to your carbon layer.

After washing up how did it look?

Now I'm trying to use pliers....turned down the voltage... not that 48v cant damage but better than the 72v switch I had it on. Funny how im thinking about that after :idea: So it looks like I need to stick with the throttle cables and not the speed cables. Looked at the 4 downloads the seller sent me and didn't understand it the first time but they are saying to link 2 white wires together on the controller called self study cables and roll the wheel. So I'll try that easy step before hall wire switching. ha on the fingers, no burns. Guess got lucky because that ball of voltage looked big at 84v I'm assuming. I work outside in the tx heat doing manual labor so my hands are callused and sun damaged.

Anyone have this controller and know if it's possible to reset it? Now with the self study cable plugged in it goes full speed forward or reverse, whatever it decides. But does not respond to my throttle. With the on off button on or off, it goes full speed and only way to stop it is unplug self study cable. With self cable not plugged in it has no throttle response. Before I tried self study I had throttle response but the hall and phase cables had to be figured out. I saw a step in this forum I wanted to try since I previously had reverse that ran right, what I understand it was just needing the right 2 halls moved. But can't try now since self study is acting up. I emailed the seller and they have been helpful. Giving this one last shot before calling quits before getting a different controller.

did you ever get this controller to work.. ? im having some trouble with one and could use some help if you did.

Thanks

ddupuis said:
did you ever get this controller to work.. ? im having some trouble with one and could use some help if you did.

Thanks

Ditto on this. Does anyone have any documentation on this thing? It'd be especially helpful since mine fails to function at all.

Same problem with mine aswell all I got working is when its spinning the wrong way disconnect the white cable without turning the power off and conect it again and it goes the other way and mine just keeps spinning like yours really need help don't want to waste money on New controller

Back