Orphan BC0-4808BL BMS Charger ?

danpatgal

1 µW
See OP below.
But, I thought I would add a picture and ask a more pointed question. For a BMS charger, it seems to me that the positive wires would all be the same gauge, and the negative must be (should be) larger. Is that a safe assumption?

See the attached "guess" jpg of how I would wire up this orphan knowing what I know and can see on the unit. I would leave wire #17 unattached. Again, any thoughts/hints are appreciated :) .

- Dan

- - - - - - - - -
OP:I got a BMS Charger with no documentation whatsoever. Before I admit defeat, I'm just looking for some basic wiring diagrams for it. What I got in the box is of no use (Chinese translated gee-wiz mumbo jumbo) and the guy I bought from has been little help. I've seen a very old thread about it here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4236

Does anyone know of where I can get some detailed wiring diagrams, the manufacturer, or others who might have used these? It is a 48v charger with a 24 pin connector. The original advice from the seller was that first 16 wires/pins should go to the + of each cell (starting with the most positive) with a 17th wire coming off the 16th cells negative terminal. This is fine except that there are also four larger wires that terminate into two pairs from pins 21/22 and 23/24 (pins 18-20 are not used) that I have no idea if they are for a sensor (current sensor ??) or are a ground or something else.

If you have any ideas or advice (can I figure it out somehow by opening the charger itself, for example?) I'd appreciate it!

Dan

OLD BC0-4808BL BMS Charger ??

Sent: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 am
To: mvadventure

Hi ...

I'm wondering if you can help me. It looks like you used a charger model BC0-4808BL (of Chinese origin) for your lithium pack. I have a similar (or the same) charger and am trying to figure out the wiring.

Do you have a moment / do you even recall to just explain it? You can see my endless-sphere post with more details (and the post I found of yours as reference).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58752

Thanks,

Dan Gallagher
Ephrata, PA

Dan, I apologize for not checking my mail earlier. Unfortunately I sold that bike along with the charger awhile back but I think I have a non working duplicate in my garage along with some Russian 24 pin connectors I bought when I was trying to do all the rewiring if any of that would help you. email me direct at mvadventure@bellsouth.net
Mike

Back