Hub Motor Repair.

Leonot1

10 µW
I am looking for 3 Hall Effect sensors for my Nine Continent Hub Motor. The sensor is a 41F 840 any ideas on where I could order the sensors?

https://www.google.com/search?q=41F+840+hall+sensor

Since you are in Canada, you might look for them at Grin cyclery.

dnmun said:
honeywell SS41, why do you think yours are non functional?
I tested all three and one was not working so I pulled the motor apart to see if the wire was broken. But when the motor came apart all the wires to the Hall Effect sensors broke off so now I need three.

parajared said:
lyen, ebikes.ca and digikey sells them.

I found it way easier just to buy a sensorless controller when I fried my hall effect sensors, but it's a bit more costly to do it that way.

I want to try to replace the Hall Effect sensors. If that does not work my second option will be to buy a sensor less controller.
Thanks.

Go ahead and do a full motor harness upgrade while you are in there. Guys who have hall problems typically blow halls again. That's because their real problem was heat to begin with and it damaged the insulation on the hall wires inside the axle, which leads to intermittent shorts in the hall wires. Phase wires are typically too thin, which adds heat to the motor harness and hurts performance a bit too, so that justifies the full harness upgrade.

Back