Review of Batt-man e-bike display and bad experience

agniusm

1 MW
EDITED:

So i have decided to do a little review on this. The experience is bad. Up on ordering one we had confirmed device operation limits:

GREENMOTION:
Battman Digital Dashboard Display
- System Voltage: 87.6
- Speed Sensor Position: Front
hi is the maximum voltage will be 87.6V? battman can handle maximum of 100V
BR

ME:
I have 24S lifepo4 so yes, max 87.6V but if it does not influence display operation, would be good to have a reserve up to 100V
Thanks

GREENMOTION:
Hi the device
in its current harware can handle more then 100V
i double checked the stock i only rear speed sensor in stock the only diffrence is on rear the speed sensor goes out from the shunt far from the actuall device.
the front the speed sensor going our from the actuall device.
i prolly will have a new batch for front next week , so you will prefer get rear or wait for the front?
BR

After i have received my device, connected it to my battery and it popped. Did not worked. I have disassembled the device and took some photos of the components and set it to the seller to try and figure out what have happened to avoid warranty replacements and wasted time on postage. After some useless email exchange seller instructed to send the board back and with another email to send the whole device back which i did. He then sent me the new unit but to my surprise when i received replacement it was bare board and display. I emailed seller back that i have sent the whole unit back and don't have components to build up the unit. Seller emailed back that it was miss-communication and sent a unit for the third time. After dealing with customs again i had the unit and thought everything will be as it should this time, wrong. I have connected the device, and i should indicate that my battery voltage is 79.9V, it popped again. I was pulling my hair but remembered that i have another screen and main board. I took the device apart and replaced the inners of the device. This time i connected it to my lawnmowers 6S LIPO battery and it worked. It showed battery voltage within .2V accuracy and all was flowers. Then i took it and connected to my 80V battery and here goes pop again.
At this point i have concluded that device cant work with my system voltage and filled paypal dispute (EDIT. 45 day limit gone, 90 bucks up my ass). Lesson - don't go cheap, go wit CA!
I have asked seller to test the device prior shipping:
ME:

I must indicate that the seller was very responsive and reasonable dealing with this issue, only it did not get me anywhere.
After 17/03/2014 first ordering i still don't have working a battery gauge.

Another note, although it looks like they are from UK, items are shipped from Israel and EU members should know that they will be charged import tax.

Here is a video of me connecting the device after testing it with 6S LiPO:

[youtube]gXawq9d1tOg[/youtube]

ORIGINAL POST:

So i got this display to see what it is and how useful it is. The connection sounds simple, one wire goes to the battery, one to the controller and one to the ignition of the controller. My setup is 24S LiFePO4. I thought i will just hook it up to the battery. I have connected red wire to my battery an pop, something popped inside. Now i try to get my head around this. Controlled ignition wire is connected to positive to engage the controller, right? So basically Battman should be fed 24S voltage right?
Anyway, thought will do some snaps whats inside:
20140417_135617.jpg

20140417_141430.jpg

20140417_141411.jpg

20140417_135634.jpg

20140417_141700.jpg

20140417_142234.jpg

20140417_142340.jpg

My bike is an internal controller so I'm not familiar with external controllers. I thought you may have hooked it up wrong but probably there's too much voltage. I'll post[[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44K47RePPBM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube] a video of my hook up. I thought I may have had a glitch when the display came up without the numbers but it was solved by holding down the button when I turned it on. So now I'm back to happy.

Thanks. Have checked this a while a go. I have fried 3 batt-man displays, none of them worked. I was trying to get seller to diagnose the problem but nothing happened in that direction. After a lot of wasted time i sent the units back and got 65.70USD refund out of 89. The site clearly states 100V max and i was assured about that. My pack 24S lifepo4, so 87.6V max. I did hook it up same way like on your video, but i was told that i wired it wrong. Don't know, had 3 tries, wired BMS'es etc with quite a bit more wiring than this.
I would not use them again, very bad experience and tons of wasted time, Israel :x

Back