Ebike half throttle wire color translation...

unclejemima

100 W
Can anyone tell me on a regular half throttle for a ebike, what the Red, White and Black wire is? By this I mean what color is the throttle high, the wiper and the throttle low?

I'm assuming this is fairly universal...?

Thanks

Most of the throttles are of the hall sensor type and red is 5v power black is neg. I have seen white like yours, green and yellow as well so often hard to say on the other wire but it is the sensing wire.

Ok, so if I wanted to hook this up a Magura 5k throttle, where it has Blue (throttle high), brown (wiper) and black (throttle low) i'm assuming this is how I would wire it to my existing harness...

Magura Blue to Red on my harness.
Magura Brown to White on my harness
Magura Black to Black on my harness

Does this sound about right?

If I mess it up, will I damage anything?

thanks!

Looks like you have the colors correct but seems I remember resistors or adapter boards to hook up a resistor throttle to a hall sensor controller. The controller is looking for the correct voltage signals to make things werq right and the Magura will not give them in it's stock form. You can use the search function, upper right hand corner of your screen, to get more info.

Thanks biohazardman.

If you mean using 5k trim pots to adjust to the correct voltage, then I've got it covered :)

Thanks for the info. I'll try hooking up the wires as indicated in my previous post.

I'll let you know how I made out just for those who happen to have the same wire colors and want to convert to a magura throttle.

Back