Help choose a motor, lyen 12fet, mountain biking

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi guys,

I had a 9C 9x7 @ 24S 60A with 12 fet lyen (5500w - 75kph)
But the torque what not really good (26"), and 6-7kg is heavy to play with the bike ..

I want to build a new bike with 12S lipo battery, re-use my lyen 12fet, good torque with top speed 40kph, to ride mountain biking with very small jump (just to have fun)...

I will be happy to try a GNG 650w but i'm afraid with noise and transmission weakness.
I like the 9C because it's reliable, but too heavy for mountain bike, but maybe I could try a 7x9 or 8x8 with 24", why don't they sell a 4kg DD like the rh205 :(
The another option is a BMC/8fun/Q128?? geared motor.. but I don't know a lot about those motors, I'm afraid with the reliability of the gears for mountain biking.

So what do you think about geared motors, which will be the best and what about the power it can handle without destroy the gears ..

Thank youuuu !

I think you are asking for an awful lot. The 1000w ish motors will not have the power you got with 3000+ watts on the 9c. I don't think you are going to be thrilled with 12s.

A different hubmotor might do better, one with a slower wind. (on 20s or more) Or make a stokemonkey out of your current 9c. But likely it's too big to fit.

Bottom line is, big power costs you that light weight handling you loved on the bare mtb. But a mid drive may make you happier than a shitty hubmotor setup. I didn't like a 7 turn 9c on trails either. But I love my 12t ones. Good luck finding one though.

Back