Programming cable for EB312 work on EB212?

Spicerack

10 kW
G'day!

I've got the programming cable for my cellman EB312 board and was wondering if it can be used to program my older EB212-A-1 infineon. The older board isn't wired up for the programming cable but should be easy enough- I'm pretty sure it's +5V[red], +5V[red], GND[black], Tx[green], Rx[white] when viewed from the top side of the board.

I've done a fair bit of reading and I'm pretty sure someone said somewhere that the cables are different between old and new? Mine has the transmit button on it.

short answer is yes it will work
you will need to rewire it a bit to make it work with the EB212
there are some on here that made adapters on here for the older programming cables eb212 to eb312 look at those examples and work backwards

Thanks davec- I need to wire in a lead&plug for the programming cable anyway so I'll see how it's wired up on my 312.

Here's a picture of my eb3xx cable. I've been told that some have a jumper loop to connect the pins together. Mine doesn't but the two red leads are connected electrically. Apologies if the photos are a bit big but i'm doing this from my phone and it's a bit hard to resize them easily!

this is a picture of what might be an eb2xx cable- am I right in thinking that I just need to jumper between pins 1 and 5 to make my cable compatible with the eb2xx?

have a look at this thread.. about halve way down the page.. this is a wiring diagram from a eb2xx lead to a eb3xx lead .. this should help you sort it out.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927&start=400

Yes I've been through that thread and thoroughly confused myself. Reading again for the 32nd time, that adaptor cable with the yellow loop between pins 1&5 appears to be a converter to allow an EB2xx programming lead to work with an EB3xx controller (photo on page 18).

I bought an EB3xx controller and programming lead at the same time from Cellman- so I was assuming that the lead was for an EB3xx. Maybe I'm wrong? The pictures on p18 in that thread show a programming lead which looks identical to mine and that one is apparently for the EB2xx.

In fact I've just had a look at the EM3EV page and the programming lead Cellman sells now has the yellow loop and is described as the "EB3 program cable" so the one I bought must be an EB2 lead. I think I'll just connect my lead straight to the EB212 and see what happens.

I'll also make an adaptor with the 1-5 loop so I can connect it to my EB312.

Thanks for the help- made me think more about it!

Did you ever have success using your EB3 programming cable on the older EB2 board? I have the same problem and cannot get the upload to complete. I've rewired my EB3 cable a few times eliminating the yellow loop, kept 5+ and ground live the whole time, cylced it, pulsed it and cannot get the controller to accept the upload! I've read though many other posts where everyone else is trying to go the opposite direction EB2 cable to EB3 so it becomes a little more confusing.

I had this issue also.

I had a lyen programming cable for programming eb3xx series boards. It was a single cable with a yellow jumper connecting pins 1 and 5 on the end. In other words, there was no adapter cable section on the end which converted a eb2xx programmer cable to work with eb3xx. This cable was built only for eb3xx.

I have an eb2xx board and needed to program it, and had no other cable.

I cut the yellow jumper connecting pins 1 - 5 AND I connected the red cable on pin 4 to pin 5 (where the yellow jumper goes). The controller end for eb2xx boards has red cables for pins 4 and 5 (if the color coding during assembly was done sensibly).

Back