Newbie questions on Bionx

Hi all, and cheers form Italy from a newbie!!

I'm writing this post because is my intention to build a custom e-cruiser bike.

Drivetrain will be somewhat convolute, including belts, an IGH, and a hub motor used as a mid-drive.
I'm currently sitting on a Bionx 250W IGH-3 hub, and have some questions about it....

-Am I correct into thinking that this should be a version of the PL-250 HT hub, slapped around a SRAM 3-speed iGH??
- Should it be already a CANBUS motor, or is there the unlucky chance that it could be an I2C one???
-Given the nature of the Bionx system, am I free to power it with whichever Bionx battery ( once I match control system, CAN or i2C) I could find and whichever console I fancy??
- Maybe i'm asking the community to stretch their collective legs too much, but do anyone know of an European dependable source for Bionx components? ( I live in Italy...)

Thanks a lot in advance to evryone,

Alberto

An IGH is a gear changing system built into a rear hub: Internal Gear Hub.

It's fully enclosed, thus allowing better isolation of drivetrain from weather, mud and water.

Formerly, Sach & Sturmey/Archer built these things: modern alternatives are SRAM and Shimano.

Bionx built a PL250HT motoro with a SRAM I-Motion 3 speed hub built in.
That's what i've got.

Alberto.

albystarvation said:
Hi all, and cheers form Italy from a newbie!!

I'm writing this post because is my intention to build a custom e-cruiser bike.

Drivetrain will be somewhat convolute, including belts, an IGH, and a hub motor used as a mid-drive.
I'm currently sitting on a Bionx 250W IGH-3 hub, and have some questions about it....

-Am I correct into thinking that this should be a version of the PL-250 HT hub, slapped around a SRAM 3-speed iGH??
- Should it be already a CANBUS motor, or is there the unlucky chance that it could be an I2C one???
-Given the nature of the Bionx system, am I free to power it with whichever Bionx battery ( once I match control system, CAN or i2C) I could find and whichever console I fancy??
- Maybe i'm asking the community to stretch their collective legs too much, but do anyone know of an European dependable source for Bionx components? ( I live in Italy...)

Thanks a lot in advance to evryone,

Alberto

Maybe this: http://www.bionxuk.com/home/4579151269

If it is Canbus or I2C should be depend on production date.

/Philip

Back