Infineon Controller... what are these two wires?

ecycler

10 kW

View attachment 1

I have what appears to be a 9 fet controller from an older e-bikekit. I will be running an HT3540 with this thing at 36 initially. All of the wires seem to be obvious, except for the single black wire and single white wire on the two pin black connectors.

Can somebody help enlighten me as to what these are for?
How do I find out if this controller had regen and activate it?
Does anyone know if the colors coordinate for the hall sensor wires between these old connectors and the newer infineon 5 pin mini xlr connectors?

Thank you for any help!

Black is probably ground. White probably goes to SL pad (Speed Limiter) in controller. if they won't plug together, this is probably wrong.

I will see if I can plug them together when I get home tonight. After finding this thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8317&start=175
It appears that I should be able to figure it out once I open her up.

I am going to assume that energy feedback is regen, but any clues what the 'mute' feature is referring to?

On my Lyen Infineon controller those wires are both white and plug together to activate regen. They can be sent to a switch on your brake levers to save on brake wear.

Hope this helps
Tony

I have a controller like that. The 2 wires plug together and limit top speed. Sometimes called "the speed loop" or speed limiter. Conjecture at the time was to make the controller EU compliant. On later versions,both wires are white.

Thanks, guys. It does appear to be a 'speed loop.' Any ideas what this 'mute' feature is? I am sure something got lost in translation, I have found it referenced in other threads as a question with never an answer!

bikemore said:
Thanks, guys. It does appear to be a 'speed loop.' Any ideas what this 'mute' feature is? I am sure something got lost in translation, I have found it referenced in other threads as a question with never an answer!
Mute is possibly just the speed limiter that will allow the legal speed for ebikes.

Looks to me like regen level.

http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/Grin_Infineon_SpecSheet_2013.08.pdf

Back