Just repaired a hub but now some advice please.

Tonight I managed to do a good repair on a geared 8fun hub that I scored from eBay for about £30. I'd like to thank a few people whose advice has been helpful. Neil Paisnel for the advice on impact drivers to open the hub screws without buggering the heads. Andre M for the vodka to clean the wires pre soldering. I think ypedal, lfp or amberwolf for the tip about using heat shrink to pull the wires through the axel and ed Lyen for selling me an evil hub motor tester many moons ago. Any some pics of the show.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405546619.789524.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405546634.519691.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405546648.117227.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405546665.716472.jpg so anyway I come to test it in the hobby vice using a gng controller and a 48v limn bottle battery. Using the stock colour config the hub barely moves swapping yellow and green the hub is very noisey but moves lots.
Anyone already know the correct config for this combo or have a table with it on so I don't have to test every one and risk blowing the motor I just mended? I realise that over volting is maybe not smart for this hub but I have no other battery (I suppose could run it off my seriesed hp power supply's though)

Nobody has standardized color charts.

What they will tell you is to test the combinations. As long as you are soft on the throttle and don't hold it long, you'll be ok testing it out and swapping wires. It's going to be easy since you have it on a test bench already

Really cause golden motor hubs with hua tong controller were swap yellow and green phase and hall. That why I tried that combo first. But I reckon everyone have their standard and the swapping wires is matching different companies standards. There will be one which works I'm asking does anyone know what it might be

Is the GNG controller 60 deg phase angle or 120 deg? Somebody with a GNG motor couldn't get it to run with another controller because the motor was 60 deg. It might be better to get another controller unless someone can confirm that it'll work with a 120 deg motor.

d8veh said:
Is the GNG controller 60 deg phase angle or 120 deg? Somebody with a GNG motor couldn't get it to run with another controller because the motor was 60 deg. It might be better to get another controller unless someone can confirm that it'll work with a 120 deg motor.

What he said....

However, when trying to find Hall/Phase combinations the best method I've learned is this: PhaseHallComboA.jpg

It drives one crazy to attempt to rely on manufacturer color codes....

Back