Controller Cable Wiring

In the office, someone attempted to make a E-bike. Everything was going good until someone plugged the battery in wrong and fried the controller. A couple of years later while cleaning up the office they gave me what was left of the E-bike electronics. So, what i have is brake cables, the brushless 1000w motor, and the throttle. I saw a 1000w 48v bushless controller on E-bay for about $50 and thought I would give it a try. I've figured out most of the wiring except the one they call, Electric Door Lock cable. Does anyone know the heck that is for and where it might hook up to. According to the seller it was required to hook up. In my previous build it did not anything like that. Thanks in advance.

You don't have doors on your e-bike? No problem. That thin red wire can be joined directly with the controller positive wire that connects to the battery. Or it can run through an on/off switch to battery positive.

heavymetalthunder said:
Thanks for the info. What a weird wire to have on a controller for a e-bike.
Not really, the problem is with poor translation, not the function. If you look on aliexpress, ebay, and some supplier web sites they still use that translation- probably a computer one like google translate not a real person.

If it's a pair of wires, they have to be joined together either directly or by a switch to switch the controller on/off. Only if it's a single wire does it go to the battery positive.

Back