How to solve this light problem?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I bought 2 (12V lights) on Amazon. They are very powerful and good price. Power is about 20W each
I have both lights (2 + wires and 2 - wires) twisted together and then connected to the DC converter down to 12V.
However I installed a on/off switch in between the lights and DC converter

Each light has 3 settings. Strong, medium and flash.
At the start, both lights turn on and go through the settings simultaneously when I turn the switch on and off mulitple times

But then, for example, one of the 2 lights will flash and the other stays on high, then one on high and the other on medium, etc.
They dont stay in sync.
The best I can do is, one in high and the other in medium mode

Thanks

ebike11 said:
Hi guys
I bought 2 (12V lights) on Amazon. They are very powerful and good price. Power is about 20W each
I have both lights (2 + wires and 2 - wires) twisted together and then connected to the DC converter down to 12V.
However I installed a on/off switch in between the lights and DC converter

Each light has 3 settings. Strong, medium and flash.
At the start, both lights turn on and go through the settings simultaneously when I turn the switch on and off mulitple times

But then, for example, one of the 2 lights will flash and the other stays on high, then one on high and the other on medium, etc.
They dont stay in sync.
The best I can do is, one in high and the other in medium mode

Use a separate switch for each light.

yeah I was thinking that, so is it ok to wire two light with two seperate switches, but with the other end of the switches connected to the +/- of the converter? Id have to twist the switch wires together to connect to the converter wires

You could do something really sexy, and wire one on off switch for both two momentary push buttons (one for each light) to select the mode.

I always hated how I have to cycle between all the modes and OFF every time I need to dim for some reason (traffic for example), so I modified a light now by removing the circuit board and installed a separate regulator and a switch that switches between 2,5 and 3,6 V to the LED. Much better to be able to dim the light and turn it back up directly from the bars.

emcee said:
You could do something really sexy, and wire one on off switch for both two momentary push buttons (one for each light) to select the mode.

I like this idea

Back