Shunt mod on em3ev Infineon?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I got my 9fet 4110 controller.
Its rated 30A 1500W maximum.
The shunt value is 2.09

Now if in the future I wanted more Amps, is it possible to do the
solder shunt mod to increase to 35-40A ?

Would other settings on the controller be affected??

Thanks in advance!

solder shunt mode should not be a problem with this little current increase.

Would other settings on the controller be affected??
battery amps and probably phase amps will be affected (higher)

Ok thx
But does the shunt value change? I need to enter it into the Cycle Analyst?
Or do I leave it at 2.09??

Thanks

of course it changes when you solder it partially. it gets less.

you can try lower settings with your CA and check with an ampmeter.
when you have the right settings both show the same value.

+1. You have an Infineon, so reprogram it for higher amps. if it was a cheesy no name controller, the shunt mod would make sense, but Infineon can be programed, reprogrammed, fine tuned, and reprogrammed again. Soldering the shunt would all but ruin that.

Soldering the shunt on an Infineon to change the amps is like gluing a picture to your monitor to change your Windows desktop.

Drunkskunk said:
+1. You have an Infineon, so reprogram it for higher amps. if it was a cheesy no name controller, the shunt mod would make sense, but Infineon can be programed, reprogrammed, fine tuned, and reprogrammed again. Soldering the shunt would all but ruin that.

Soldering the shunt on an Infineon to change the amps is like gluing a picture to your monitor to change your Windows desktop.

Oh I thought of that, but since the controller is rated "30A", I thought I could only Decrease the amps available, NOT increase it.

So its possible to increase Amps to 35-40 even if its labelled a 30A controller??

Thanks guys

Drunkskunk said:
Yep. The Cycle Analyst can only limit down from the controller, but the programming on the controller can raise the limit as high as you want. And you can adjust battery VS phase amps that way.

Great to hear, thanks!

I did have a problem modifying the controller with the em3ev cable before though.
I installed the program, installed values and was on the same COM value, start transmit, etc.
but when I clicked the small button on the cable, nothing loaded. Strange

ebike11 said:
gwhy! said:
if you have a non- modded 9fet , dont get to excited and try 100A. tho :D

Nah, looking for maybe 38-40A

if its a standard (non-modded) then this will be about the max you should go upto... dont forget to also adjust the phase current :wink:

ebike11 said:
I installed the program, installed values and was on the same COM value, start transmit, etc.
but when I clicked the small button on the cable, nothing loaded. Strange
programming only takes a blink of an eye. you click 'start transmit', press the little button and if the dialogue window goes away you're done.
if nothing happens, those are the two most possible errors:
.) the controller is still connected to your battery
.) you use a v2 cable on a v3 controller or vice-versa. they are similar but not 100% the same.

People need to stop this stupid shunt mod.

It literally fools your controller into thinking it is running a different current than it is running. How would you program a Cycle Analyst after modding the shunt unless you went back and measured the change? You can't!

cal3thousand said:
People need to stop this stupid shunt mod.

It literally fools your controller into thinking it is running a different current than it is running. How would you program a Cycle Analyst after modding the shunt unless you went back and measured the change? You can't!

Yeah I wont be doing that..I didnt know it could be done through the program so Ill try again

I did in fact click the Start button on the prgram with the controller disconnected from the battery and with the V3 cable, but still nothing happens when I click the small button

The com port in your computer must match the port you tell the program to use or you will get nothing. The controller must be powered down/off as well. I had to get past both of these before I managed to get the program to run and change the values. I wish you luck.

biohazardman said:
The com port in your computer must match the port you tell the program to use or you will get nothing. The controller must be powered down/off as well. I had to get past both of these before I managed to get the program to run and change the values. I wish you luck.

Hi!
yes com ports matched also
Very weird

Back