q100h and q100 cst question

dageram

1 µW
Hi all. First off, I am new to all about e-bikes and this forum, but it seems like a good place to seek advice.

First I plan to convert my girlfriend's bike using a 36 v q100c cst 201 from BMS all standard equipped as from their kit. Except I will build the wheel myself. All that seem straight forward.

Next I plan to do almost the same with my own bike, but using a q100h in a q100 cst housing. I would need to change the axle to a cst, is that possible? I also plan running it on 48 v using a s12s or s12sh controller for some extra power. Would that be okay for the q100h?

For a future project I think to convert the q100h to a mid drive. Any views on this?

Thanks for all help and suggestions.

Dag

dageram said:
Hi all. First off, I am new to all about e-bikes and this forum, but it seems like a good place to seek advice.

First I plan to convert my girlfriend's bike using a 36 v q100c cst 201 from BMS all standard equipped as from their kit. Except I will build the wheel myself. All that seem straight forward.

Next I plan to do almost the same with my own bike, but using a q100h in a q100 cst housing. I would need to change the axle to a cst, is that possible? I also plan running it on 48 v using a s12s or s12sh controller for some extra power. Would that be okay for the q100h?

For a future project I think to convert the q100h to a mid drive. Any views on this?

Thanks for all help and suggestions.

Dag
For her bike, you can use a "bottle battery"from BMS Battery. Also, for a little more money, you can add the sine wave controller SO6S and it's display. they are very programable and are really neat. You will also need to order the speed sensor, PAS(if you want to that) and a left-haNded half twist throttle.
Expect an unassisted top speed of 18 mph. It will climb hills nicely.
For your build, you can just swap All the internals of the H into CST housing, or perhaps just change the removable side cover. Strangely, no one has tried this. perhaps D8veh, the expert in matters Chinese motor, will come by and comment on this.
You can use one of the 12-FET controllers, but they are kind of large. But they will accept 48 Volts, which the SO6S will not(unmodified).
With the S12S, you would have to use the SLCD-3 display and limit amps as low as they go (18A) and perhaps stay in the lower ranges of the 5 level aissit.
With the S12SH, you would have to cut one shunt to decrease the current to 17 Amps, but a that point you might as well have gone with the one of the 6-FET square-wave controllers, the KU63 or KU65. They can be shunt modd'ed to 17 Amps.
I suggest you do farther reading. Search with keywords, Cute, Q100H, Q100CST, SO6s, etc. Or search back thru D8veh's or my posts.
For the Q100H, select the 260 speed motor, this will do about 24 mph on 48 V.

I'm pretty sure that a S12S at 48v will cause instant melt-down of a Q100H. Even if it didn't, the gears would strip before you got to the end of the road. The LCD3 display has the settings to reduce the controller's current, but we haven't yet had the confirmation that it actually works with the S12S.

If you're considering a S12S controller, you'd be much better going with a suitable motor like the Bafang CST or BPM and a suitable battery. First, you have to decide how much speed and power you want, and then choose a suitable system. You can't have speed without power. When you want more power, the weight has to go up and/or range goes down. You have to find your own balance of all these characteristics.

I've had a good look at the Q100C and Q100H side-by-side. The main housings are the same. The axles are different because the Q100C's one is shorter. I might have a look later to see if only the side-plates can be exchanged. I think that there's a fair chance. If the Q100H axle doesn't fit the side-plate, you're out on having a Q100H CST.

Just t0 avoid any confusion, the Q100's are not made by Ananda. They are identical to Aikema motors, but are not made by Aikema.

Thank you for the enlightenment. However, now it seem like BMS has a new 48V battery pack with a 20A controller and LCD3 included. They don't say much about the controller though, but guess I could reduce the current to a safe level through the display?

http://www.bmsbattery.com/battery-pack/680-bottle-ebike-battery.html

I am mainly looking for torque rather than speed. But would not mind the extra speed from 48V. There are quite some hills to overcome on the way to kindergarten with the child wagon to pull.

Dag

That looks like a lovely new kit. I doubt that you can change the 20A to a different value, so you need the right motor to go with it. The 48v Q100H looks a good candidate.

I've just opened up my Q100C to compare it with the normal Q100. You can exchange the side-plate and core assembly between the hubs, but not the sideplate on its own. The axle, clutch and gears are different. I'll post some photos in another thread so that it's easier to find.

Back