crystalyte 4065 to lyen controller hall/phase wiring?

John, not exact same motor, but I have H3540 and lyen 18 fet on my other bike. I used first color combo mentioned in previous post. Make sure to take off chain before you try.

hey guys thanks,

I have followed his manual, but there are three clyte motors with different specs. neither are mine
Lyen Controller to Crystalyte motor wire color lining (no load current draw on HS3540 = around 1.55A unlaced at 48v tested on 8/10/2012):

Controller: Motor:
HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

PHASE:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

From Crystalyte Europe:

HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

PHASE:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

New Crystalyte G Motor (30KM version) tested 3/11/2012:

Hall:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

Phase:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

thanks for the tip about the chain, I get what you mean... it could jerk...

I am leaning toward the first example. 3540...

EDIT: method 1 and 2 (and every other phase wire combination) on that list have not produced any movement or sound in the motor.

Im suspecting I have something wrong with the way throttle goes through ca and regen connects to controller.

have also tried without regen pluged in - as the regen plug from throttle (only has two prongs on it - although is 4 capable plug) matches an unnamed plug which is white black red green on the lyen controller. however looking at the grin controller which also had a matching plug with red wire black wire (missing wire) green wire.

have tried both 1 and 2 with passthru mode and off wot

no difference

does the regen from throttle need to mate with the yellow black ebrake on controller?

now to swap halls for method 3

confused where to go

below is my throttle which I had separate = throttle to ca and regen to grin controller = it worked before like that.
T-HTwist_B.jpg

yy gb bg and yy gg bb halls with every possible phase set up has not seen an amp register there is a problem elsewhere I suspect. Wish I had more plugs and extensions to connect throttle directly without hardwiring....

maybe some wiring has gone when the grin controller died?

have bypassed and put an old throttle direct and it works but the ca still will not read amps etc. only volts.

found this thanks to google.

I dont know how to do this and exactly what the wires refer to

Re: CAV3 not outputting throttle signal to controller [help!
Unread postby m52 power! » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:48 pm

So I excitedly read the manual 2 months ago when I ordered everything and forgot this small detail yeaterday; add a resistor in series with the 5v ref wire to the magura or the ca detects a fault! Doh!

I soldered a 2k resistor in this morning and it's been working great so far! Sorry for the dumb question :roll:

I am currently using the first phase/hall combination as it seems almost right - but with ca on it only works wott.

trying to see if there is a way to get ca to show amps so can i can settle on the wire combination....

Sorry, just saw your reply. Now that you know controller works fine, then it's just configuration in CA. I just played with throttle input and output in CA and got it working. I don't remember what I set it to. I'll try to look tomorrow.

drew12345 said:
Sorry, just saw your reply. Now that you know controller works fine, then it's just configuration in CA. I just played with throttle input and output in CA and got it working. I don't remember what I set it to. I'll try to look tomorrow.

I am pretty sure this controller I have was made for v2 so I will be replacing a diode in the controller with a 1k resistor, until then I will run throttle direct via controller with the 6th pin removed from my ca so theres no intereference with power.

ca doesnt read the amps/watts correctly its all in decimal points. Have tried changing shunt value.....

strange thing is my crystalyte controller ran in legacy mode and read it all correctly.

anyways opening the controller again after I get the whole bike together and running.

Im happy just looking at speedo, volts and temperatures.....

Back