Solidworks models, mid-monster and others?

BigRider

10 mW
Hi all,

I'm working on designing my custom trike in Solidworks first. I'm thinking of using John in CR's Mid-Monster. Has anyone modeled it before?

And just for giggles, do any of you have any other collection of models that you'd be willing to share? ... I found "GrabCAD" and found a couple interesting models off there.

Thanks!
John

BigRider said:
I found "GrabCAD"

Grabcad is pretty sweet. Also Octopart (my favorite website when designing projects) will link to CAD data sourced from http://www.traceparts.com/. You may have to make an API call for some parts to get the file. And Thingiverse also has things other than STL files if for a few things.

If anyone is sharing their stuff on either site, I'd recommend tagging it with 'endless-sphere' ...

Lastly, Solidworks has a built in toolbox of >million parts ranging from individual electronics components to common assemblies. If you pirated Solidworks, this feature isn't always available though :(.

adriftatsea: Legal copy. Not a personal copy, is used on a work computer with work permissions for after hour use. I did look a little into the toolbox and I'm not sure our corporate install has the full toolbox, but there was some stuff. Thanks for the other links. I'll check them out.

Miles: Thanks for the thread link. Looks like a good thread I'll probably end up contributing some to.

Back