Variable Regen Pressure Transducer

RIPPERTON

100 W
Though Id post up my Race bike regen control.
I just saw Arlo's strain gauge video and though my solution was a bit easier with less fabrication.
I take a Kawasaki ZX14 clutch master cylinder with switch to activate the regen function in the Kelly KHB14601.
Then I tap the M10x1 hydraulic thread to 1/8 NPT and screw in the 150psi PT with thread tape.
Heres one in 316 off Ebay for $22
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150psi-Pressure-Transducer-Sender-Oil-Fuel-Diesel-Gas-Air-Water-/170964678321?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27ce49f6b1
The master cylinder gets filled with brake fluid and bled which produces an excessively hard lever so you have to bleed a bit of air back into the cylinder to produce a bit of movement for that real disc brake feel.
Around a track like Wakefield I use this every turn in conjuction with the front on fast entries and sometimes by itself for just scrubbing speed when you don't want the bike jumping into its forks.
This shot is with an aluminium extender that I got rid of later.

ZX3_zpsd6c41631.jpg

That's a brilliant bit of re-purposing a component :D just what I was looking for, but didn't know the name of the component to search for.

I'll try this with a hydraulic mountain bike brake, any ideas what pressure range tranducer would work best?

Back