wiring issues to a Kelly controller with throttle

My Kelly controller has been wire to a twist throttle but it runs on a very low rpm but when it twist it, it runs faster, what could be the issue, do I need to use a resistor from the throttle to the controller or any suggestion,I have a red,blue,green and yellow wire on my throttle and i also have a J1 and J2 connector for my Kelly controller?

fairly vague description of whats going on... If you twist the throttle and it speeds the motor up - then the throttle is working.

There are two types of twist throttle - Potentiometer type and Hall type... If it is a cheap Chinese type - then most likely it is a Hall type.

If the motor spins without throttle input (twisting it), then the throttle may be partially on (not calibrated). Go into your programming screen and set the dead band for the throttle - may need to set the dead band to 10 - 20% to eliminate the issue. Throttle end point may also need to be adjusted. If the throttle is a potentiometer type you can mechanically set the Pot to adjust the start point.

If the motor is pulling a heap of current at no load, or spins very slowly - or way to fast at full throttle, then your hall wires are not connected in the correct sequence, and you will need to try the other combinations.

Back