Seeking technical help in southern California (Mac motor)

I am experiencing what appears to be the same symptom as the poster in this thread:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43946

This happened a few minutes after a spill during my *one and only* ride after I put the kit together. :oops:

As I am neither electrically nor mechanically knowledgeable enough to tackle this issue, I had taken my bike to the San Diego Electric Bike Company in Solana Beach (San Diego), CA, USA. Pat opened up the motor to the extent he is capable and was unable to assist. He has referred me to Ilia at Ebikes SF up north. I am not looking forward to packaging up my motor/wheel and was hoping that I can find someone more local to help me resolve the issue.

Is there anyone, professional or hobbyist, in the southern California region that has the knowledge and tools to help? He will, of course, be fairly compensated.

Thanks in advance for any offer or recommendation.

Douglas

You might call Sam Townsend @ Myron's Extreme Machines in Fullerton. He's been in the business since the beginning and seems to be a knowledgeable mechanic. Check the web site.

Sounds like a bad hall sensor or wiring to the halls. But I don't have much time available for working on motors at the moment, or I'd offer my services.

Back