BMSBattery / EcityPower controllers power problem

Alps_Ebike

1 µW
I bought KU93 and KU123 controllers from BMS Battery. I made a bike with a ku123 with a BPM(8) motor. It works fine, i was happy :D
After it, i'd tried to clone this bike with an other ku 123 and an other BPM. And i'm struggling to have power to the motor :cry:
There was no power on the throttle. So i decided to open controller box's :
img_20141218_102405-491758c.jpg

There was no power in the whole circuit, except mosfet's and big capacitors. So i shorted the red and the blue wire from the led display in order to feed the circuit :
img_20141218_102322-49175d4.jpg

Now throttle is fed and wheel is spinning :D but at low speed (~12mph) only :( And that's the same problem with the ku93 controller. Any idea why it spins slowly ? And why it didn't work without shunt ? I read something about the 3 speed switch so i tried to short others connector but without success.

They've replaced the ignition wire, which previously needed to be connected to the battery with a connector for a LED display, which has the switch in it, so blue is now the ignition wire and red the battery wire. Without the display, you have to provide your own switch or join them permanently. The green wire controls the speed of the PAS. Was your 12 mph with PAS or throttle?

There's three fixed speeds with the PAS, which correspond to signals of 1v, 2v and 3v on the green wire. 4v gives 6km/h. These signals are provided by simple voltage divider resistors on the display pcb. No signal defaults to level 1. You can make a voltage divider out of two resistors to copy what's in the display. You need to split the 5v into 3v and 2v, so try 2.2k and 3.3k. One way round you'll get level 2 and the other way level 3, so make sure you put them the right way round - 2.2k to the 5v and 3.3k to the 0v. The middle point should then give you the 3v.

Another way would be to use a fixed 2.2k resisistor paired with a 5k or 10k potentiometer, which would give you the opportunity to adjust to the exact 3v.

In case you didn, t know, you can get an additional speed boost using the three - sped switch conector. If you conect the midle wire (black) to one of the other two you get restricted speed. When connected to the remaining wire , you get a speed boost providing that your motor has hall sensors. The boost is in the range 10-20%. Put a switch on it so that you can switch it of for hill-climbing for beter efficiency. It works by changing the timing at high speed.

Back