ISO Bicycle Standard Motorcycle Disc Brakes?

grindz145

1 MW
Unfortunately, I am not offering these, rather I would like to identify a solution.

I need something much stronger for my Puch Magnum project. I am using a hub with bicycle standard ISO disc brake mounts.

I have tried some of the most intense bicycle brakes (Hope mono V2s) and they're just not strong enough. I like BIG brakes.

Does anyone know of a motorcycle disc that can be mounted to a ISO standard bicycle hub? If not does anyone know of anyone doing an adapter?

Something like this:

old-and-new-disc-brake-rotors.jpg

Thanks!

I don't know of anyone presently making an adapter and selling it, but there's people that have made them for their own builds. THe most recent is this one:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65628

Attachments

• ek7iHq3.jpg
    ek7iHq3.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 813
  • Fi2ldqE.jpg
    Fi2ldqE.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,244
  • n5ATVQ8.jpg
    n5ATVQ8.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,244
Thanks AW! That's basically what I plan to do if I don't find any other solutions. It gives me some more ideas.

subscribed

Anyone have any updates on this that they could share? I’m starting to look into doing the same but unfortunately not a ton of existing examples of how people went through with this. Thanks.

Hi, had you tried the sram guide brakes with 4 pistons with galfer pads for ebikes? I use this on my 3000w ebike and works very well.

Back